Password reset emails not received and not in junk

IanMain
IanMain Member Posts: 11
edited March 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I created my trial account about a month ago - now decided I want to sign up and pay for the service.
I can't remember my password. I've asked Reckon to send password about 6 times over the past 24 hours. Each time it says it's successfully sent a password reset email but I've not received any of them.
I've checked junk and spam email and searched the whole of gmail.
The email address I'm using is still receiving other emails fine.
I called tech support and waited 36 minutes and gave up.
I decided as this is a new account I could call "sales" but their wait time was "More than 10 minutes" (which is what tech support said)... so I gave up again.
Tis indeed frustrating...

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Certainly sounds less than ideal Ian.
    Can I confirm, are you attempting to sign up to the Reckon One service or a different Reckon software?

If its Reckon One, have you received any emails from us throughout the course of your trial? Just want to confirm if this is affecting all emails from us to you or just the password reset mechanism.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• IanMain
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for your reply Rav,

I tried Reckon (might have been Reckon One but I'm not familiar with product names) about 2 weeks ago but was unsure about it so left it. Now I want to come back to it. This is what I did 2 weeks ago:

I installed Reckon STP App on my phone and got an email about that.

I've got an email from you saying "Your new Reckon Account - verify your email address". I can't remember if I clicked on Verify.

I've got an email saying "Reset your password"

These 3 emails are all from 3 weeks ago but now I'm not getting emails from you anymore.
    1. Can you help directly? The email address is: ian AT zenelevate DOT com
    2. Could you also reset the trial to 30 days please as I've not used it yet.
    Thanks.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for getting back to me Ian.
    Ok, I've had a look through our systems for your account and any subscriptions. I could only find the STP mobile app registration under that email address you've provided. There are no trials or other subscriptions for that matter that I can see, unless there was any other email address used?

A question though, the micro-business STP app which you've registered for, and Reckon One are two different things with very different use cases. You can't use both so I guess the next step here is to decide if you want to use the STP app which is a basic STP app for micro-businesses to be compliant or if you're looking at more fuller function accounting software which is where Reckon One comes in. 
    (Please note, Reckon One has its own separate service for STP submissions which is unrelated to the app).

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• IanMain
    edited July 2019
    Ah - ok. Well explained.
    Thanks, I'll think about it.

If I go the Reckon One route should I just create another email address and register with that (eg accounts@zenelevate.com)

Now wondering why when I go to the Reckon One site and try and reset the password (that I only put into the mobile app), why does it say it's found the email address (if it's a separate 'thing' then it shouldn't  know about that email address).

...and it doesn't send the reset email anyway (problem #2).
  • Rav
    edited July 2019
    Now wondering why when I go to the Reckon One site and try and reset the password (that I only put into the mobile app), why does it say it's found the email address (if it's a separate 'thing' then it shouldn't  know about that email address).
    In regard to the above, sorry there's one aspect of this that I didn't cover in my previous reply and that is when you sign up to the app, you are essentially creating a Portal account (which is where Reckon One lives) and that is why its finding your current email address ie. from the app registration.

If you decide to go down the Reckon One route, you're more than welcome to use the existing Portal account credentials ie. ian@zenelevate.com rather than creating a new account. Further to that, I can delete the ABN registration from the app if you wish provided that no submissions are sent (which of course there hasn't as yet).

As you've mentioned though, the other problem is you not receiving the password reset emails and that is currently unexplained. Sorry to be basic, but when you are going through the password reset prompts, are you entering the exact email address specified above in the reset field? (screenshot below).

Alternatively, could you try adding us on your Safe Sender list?

• IanMain
    edited July 2019
    Funny you should say that. The second time I tried this I doubted myself so I took a screenshot.

Snag-it (screen capture app) tells me I did this on 15th July. This was the 2nd of about 6 attempts.

And you can see all of the other emails I've received (sent although the forum ones are to my personal email not ian@zenelevate.com)

OK I haven't used the account yet. so rather than trying to figure out how to get the email to reset the password, can you just delete the account and I'll re-register from step 1.

Thanks

• IanMain
    edited July 2019
    Alright - good news. I reset the password using the app (which goes to the web anyway) and it worked. Don't know if you changed anything but success!

Thanks for your help along the way.
  • Rav
    edited July 2019
    Ian, I'm so sorry I went through and deleted the ABN registration and app account from your earlier reply without seeing your follow up just above.

Please feel free to sign up to the app again using the 'Sign up' option. Again my apologies.

• IanMain
    edited July 2019
    Oooops. Oh well. I'll take the blame for that one. Looks like the whole workforce is going to have  delayed wages this month.
    ...and lucky I'm the only employee  so far :)
    I'll fix it on Monday and try again. Thanks.
  • Rav
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for being so understanding Ian, and apologies again.

Let me know if you run into any trouble when you register again.

Cheers

• IanMain
    edited July 2019
    I'm pretty sure you've got some sort of bug/issue in your sign-up process as I've got a problem again.

Here's what I did (you should be able to reproduce it from this):
    1. Register on the web for a free trial ($18) then didn't enter CC details.
    2. Updated profile details (put in mobile and address)
    3. Setup 2 form factor using Google Authenticator
    4. Went to STP app, tried to login but password failed. Tried again several times.
    5. Went to web, changed the password to be something REALLY simple
    6. Went to STP app on mobile, still can't login.
    7. Went to Google Keep (text editor) and typed in password. Copied it into clipboard
    8. Went to STP app and pasted it. Still can't login.
    9. On phone, tried to register same email address but it's in use.
    10. I've double checked that I've used the same email address on web and on app.
    Sigh.

Please pass this sequence to you DEVs so they can investigate.

I can't wait any longer (I need to pay myself :) ) so I'm going to go around this problem by registering a new email address but starting with registering the new email address on the STP app (not on the web)

Wish me luck.

• IanMain
    edited July 2019
    Oh and just a thought. When I registered the email address again (ian@zenelevate.com) I didn't receive a verification email. I did the first time when I registered it 3 weeks ago.
  • Rav
    edited July 2019
    Hi Ian,
    I think there's still a fair bit of confusion here as the process you've gone through above is fairly complicated and to be honest, not required.
    The trouble starts at step 1 and cascades from there because there's still a mix of you attempting to sign up to Reckon One but have the intention of using the app.

To make things simple, I've deleted the registration you've just created today and all you need to do from here is sign up ON THE APP ONLY.
    Hit the blue 'Sign up' button on the app and follow the prompts to set up the account and register the ABN.
    It will work this time provided that only use the app to register.

• IanMain
    edited July 2019
    As I said above, I was going to create a new account. I used accounts@zenelevate.com (and only registered using the app).

Is that'll be why the payroll run just crashed and now I can't login again!

Now I have to register the SoftwareID with the ATO for the 3rd time.

Please don't delete any more accounts. Thanks.