Pay for this financial year has been added to last years total even though says finalised . Shows on

Susan O’Donnell
Susan O’Donnell Member Posts: 7
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Pay for this financial year has been added to last years total even though says finalised . Shows on my gov site , ato says a reckon software problem . How can this be corrected

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Susan.  I find it impossible to believe that there could be a software issue.  The data going into the program is governed or dictated by the user.  Are you sure that you used the correct period dates for the pay run and the correct payment date?  The only way that I can see that your last pay could be added to your 2018-19 data would be if you specified that the date of the payment was on 30/6/19 or earlier, or, if perchance, the wrong file was sent through GovConnect.  What is the date of the payment as shown on the pay slips?
    John L G
  • Susan O‚ÄôDonnell
    edited July 2020
    No it wasn’t added to 2018 - 19 data . That is correct with finalised next to it . But first pay period for 2020 has added. 2019 total to 2020s running total
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2019
    Hi Susan.  Have you logged into your own MyGov account to see how it is reporting for you personally, or asked any of your other employees to do the same?  If MyGov is doing the same for employees and what you see seems to be happening for the employer, then you definitely would have a real problem.  I have just checked my own MyGov account and the information there, for this year, is spot on.
    John L G
  • Susan O‚ÄôDonnell
    edited July 2019
    Yes I have Ato says it’s a software problem . The buck is being passed around with no solution. What will happen when I do another payrun
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2019
    Susan.  Have you and anybody else checked their own MyGov account to see what that is saying.  That will give you conclusive proof of where things are really up to?
    John L G
  • Susan O‚ÄôDonnell
    edited July 2019
    Yes have checkedhas happened to all employees . But how can it be corrected..as can’t find the actual error how can it be corrected . Has anyone else had this problem
  • Susan O‚ÄôDonnell
    edited July 2019
    Unable to get a reply how this amount can be deleted . Also shows as running total on summary
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Susan,
    Let me confirm, are you using the GovConnect service for your STP submissions OR the micro-business STP app?

Where specifically have you seen that the figures are being added?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Steven Polley
    Steven Polley Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2020

john I also have the same issue. I have submitted 4 pay runs for this year but when the employees check their my gov accounts the 2019/2020 ytd figures include all the wages for both 2018/2019 and 2019/2020. like susan ato advised me its a problem with the information they have received from reckon and I need reckon to fix it. Very frustrated. Cant get a satisfactory solution
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2019
    Hi Steven.  I do not have an answer, but suggest you look at the last post in this sequence from Rav and respond to that post.  On the face of what you are stating here, there definitely appears to be a problem, if something is causing 2018/19 figures to be added to 2019/20 figures.  The fact is that there is now separate corroboration from staff, checking their own MyGov accounts, to confirm that something is going wrong.  The other point to note is that whatever this issue is, it appears that it can only be an isolated one, only affecting a few people/organisations - so far.
    John L G
  • Felicity_10106005
    Felicity_10106005 Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2020
    Was there a solution to this problem? I have the exact same issue. 
  • Felicity_10106005
    Felicity_10106005 Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2020
    Hi Rav. I still haven't had an answer to my issue which is exactly the same and now my employees are being chased up by the tax office. 
  • Craig C_10482986
    Craig C_10482986 Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2020
    Hello need some answers issue is been using reckon stp app android 2 employees. Both are now showing ytd figures including last years income. At june 2019 tax return etc was lodged. All ok now in the app and confirmed in both employees mygov is showing income for this year and last yeat combined. How do we fix this same issue as above posts from other people
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    I am only in my first year of using STP.  But in thinking about the issues that a number of you are having, it seems that a logical explanation would seem to be that either the Finalise Year process has not been carried out or else there is a problem with what happened when that step was taken.  Have all of you who have this problem carried out the Finalise Year process before lodging the first STP pay for the 2019/20 year?
    John L G
  • Craig C_10482986
    edited February 2020
    June 2019 ticked box last payrun for year. System hasnt rezet the counter. 8 minrhs later looked at mygov and its accumulated the earnings. So how do reckon fix this. Becasuse its 2020 amounts are not correct.
  • Craig C_10482986
    edited April 2020
  • Craig C_10482986
    edited July 2020
    Shouldnt this summary just show $$ from this financial year. ??
  • Craig C_10482986
    edited February 2020
    Sounds right so . Its not been reset so who and how do we fix it.
  • John Graetz
    edited February 2020
    Craig.  You might find some help from this Reckon article on end of year finalisation:
    https://help.reckon.com/article/zln8k3u29s-finalise-year
    Unfortunately, having yet to do a end of year finalisation, I am unable to provide any more help.
    John L G
  • Craig C_10482986
    edited February 2020
    Thanks . But we using micro emp free stp app.. in june that last pay we ticked a box about finalising it. All was good. Then lodged tax returns in mygov. Iin the stp free app u cannot go back into and finalise or can you
  • Johanna Brigham
    Johanna Brigham Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2020
    Hi  - did you get a resolution to this issue?  We are having same issue.  All the pay runs entered for FY19 are adding to totals going to ATO for FY20.  It seems to be just the payruns entered also, not the actual setup totals I entered when I started using in FY19.