Pay Slips found non compliant by FWO

Kali
Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in Payroll Premier
Hi,

We've recently been advised by the FWO the pay slips we use through Payroll Premier are non-compliant. Mainly when used for an employee on a salary as they don't show the hours physically worked, nor do they show the rate as at the latest date to which the payment relates. I assume they mean the equivalent hourly rate?

How do people process salaried employees pay which shows hours worked but still paid by annual rate?

I have also found the pay slips for some employees are missing the pay period start date:

Can someone tell me why that is?

Comments

• Sharon Cowley
    Sharon Cowley Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2020
    I don't have a pay period start date either.

Sharon.
  • Kali
    edited July 2020
    FWO wasn't too impressed... 
  • Simon Hutchinson_8164484
    Simon Hutchinson_8164484 Alumni Posts: 135
    edited July 2020
    Hi Kali

You need to ensure the employees profile is setup with the hours worked in each period against the salary item in the employees pay profile

I have added a screenshot of this setup here

https://imgur.com/gUKa4Zw

In this example the employee works 40 hours a week and is paid $8001 salary.

Below is how the default payslip looks

https://imgur.com/Pd8KG0A

As you can see it has the hours, the annual rate, the salary and the dates

If you need to add information to your payslips, you can find the fields you can add in the Edit report functionality of the payslip window

With regards to the start date missing, please check one of the default payslips and see if it appears, it may be that your custom payslip (if you are using one) has some issues.

If you need to show the hourly rate you will have to use the regular wage item, not salary as shown below (so that you can specify the specific hourly rate)

https://imgur.com/WfiANLw
  • Kali
    edited July 2020
    Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply i will have a play around.

In regards to the start date missing, we are using one of your default pay slips. I can see others are having the same issue.

If it helps it's the pay slips that are sent via email that it is happening with.

Can you please advise ASAP of a solution as FWO want it fixed ASAP.

FWIW it only seems to dropping off in some files yet the process and pay slip is the same.

Cheers

• Kali
    edited July 2020

This also doesn't occur which is a non-compliant issue. Is there a solution for this too?
    edited July 2020
    Hi Kali

Can you give me some context of the deduction, is it a super salary sacrifice? is it a union deduction?

Cheers

• Kali
    edited July 2020
    Salary sacrifice deduction for example.

In regards to the start date issue.. the dates appear fine when you select 'pay slip' button but when emailed they drop the start date.

The only difference i can find between the file that is working is that the pay slip default of the ones that aren't working appear as Pay Slips - 1 Per Page Graphic where as the file that is working opens to the default '1 Per Page Plain - Pay Slip'.

Is there a way to default to 1 Per Page Plain in the files that aren't working to see if that fixes the issue? 
  • Kali
    edited July 2020
    FYI - tried selecting '1 per page plain -pay slip' from Report list and that hasn't solved the issue.
    edited July 2020
    Hi Kali i will have a look at the email issue for you further and see if i can replicate it here

edited July 2020
    Hi Kali with regards to the information around funds and accounts this is defined in the employees profile for super. Salary sacrifice example below

https://imgur.com/eLZGkiK

Still looking into the email thing. Have confirmed that printing the report to pdf does not have the same issue, still looking at emails though.
  • Kali
    edited July 2020
    Hi Simon,

Thanks that's how we currently have it set up so i will see what they're still not happy with.

Yes, works ok with PDF but we need it shown on pay slips that are emailed.

Cheers,
    edited July 2020
    understand Kali was just giving a update to you :)

• Kylie_9377946
    Kylie_9377946 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Kali

If you go into File > Preferences > Super

Tick the 'Include Super paid date on payslips' that should fix your pay period start date issue.

• Kali
    edited July 2020
    SUPERSTAR! Thank you so much! :) Has solved the issue!
  • Kylie_9377946
    Kylie_9377946 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Simon

If you put the full hours against the salary rate how to do get the leave to only calculate against 38 hours?