PLEASE HELP ........Pay transactions have disappeared.

Melissa Bridgens
Melissa Bridgens Member Posts: 10
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I am with Accounts Hosted, I do pays every Monday and tonight I have realised the last two pay runs this financial year have disappeared. So Pay slips were incorrect tonight as tax & super year to date were wrong.Not happy !!! 

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    So Melissa.  Are you saying that when you go to the employee record, there is no sign of any pays for this year?  Were the pays made electronically and, if so, is there no sign of the pay day transaction in your bank account?
    John L G
  • Melissa Bridgens
    edited July 2019
    Yes this is correct Pays have been done through our anz business account by pay transactions have been deleted out of reckon ! Do I go back into reckon and re-do pays ?? Not happy at all
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Transactions generally dont disappear - are you sure you are in the correct file?  Can you provide a bit more information? 
  • Melissa Bridgens
    edited July 2019
    But ***
  • Melissa Bridgens
    edited July 2019
    You are exactly right Transactions have never disappeared I’ve used Reckon for 8 years ! This is the first time something has disappeared!
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    HI Melissa

Check the date range you are searching on the employees history, click date column to make sure the recent date is on top.  Check to see it you can find the pays from a report or email pays or electronic clearing account, or find.

Any chance the payrun had a wrong date?

If they have totally disappeared which they can't, then they will have to be redone

• John Graetz
    edited July 2019
    Further to what has already been stated and, assuming everything to do with the date range is correct, then the only way that they can normally be deleted is for somebody to go through each payment in each employee record and physically delete it and contend with the warning that would show up in each case.  Do you normally print off copies of reports for each pay run or do you have anywhere a copy of the pay slips that were previously issued?

On the face of it, it is just not possible for the pays to just disappear unless somebody had done this maliciously.

The only other possibility that I can think of is that somehow somebody has restored the company file to an earlier version, but I think that would be a difficult task using Reckon Hosted.  Are there any other bank transactions that are also missing?
    John L G
  • Melissa Bridgens
    edited July 2019
    Yes our profit and loss was $109k now it’s gone up to $125k ! Ever since changing to hosted we have had nothing but trouble ! This is a complete nightmare ! I can re-enter the two missing payslips but I have no clue what transactions are missing to make our profit madness loss go up $16k
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2019
    Melissa.  To me it is starting to sound more and more like you have imported the wrong file into Hosted.  If your transfer to Hosted has only just happened very recently, you can get a clue to where things are up to by comparing the last bank reconciliation in your old desktop file against the same file in your Hosted environment - that will be the start to getting things back to where they should have been, i.e. a reconstruction of your accounts back from the last time that they both agree. Potentially you might have to continue using your desktop version until you can sort out what has gone wrong.  I am pretty certain that Kwikbooks and Linda (see above) will also be able to provide you will expert points of view as well.
    John L G
  • Melissa Bridgens
    edited July 2019
    Hi John I think I have fixed the problem ! There seems to be two files ! When I clicked on the 2nd file this morning everything is there ! So I need to call Reckon today and get one of the files deleted to stop this from happening again ! Hope that all makes sense ! Thanks for all your help
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2019
    That is great news, Melissa.  I hope that you are able to clear this up fully now.  Thanks for letting know.
    John L G
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2019
    Glad to hear that was a logical explanation and the software wasnt the problem!  :)  whenever someone tells me transactions have disappeared my first thought is always that they are looking at the wrong file!  
  • Melissa Bridgens
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Linda !! I totally freaked out lol