PAYG tax withheld incorrect

Felicity Van
Felicity Van Member Posts: 64
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I have a new employee who is salary sacrificing part of their pay to super each fortnight.  When I have entered their pay cheque it isn't taking into account the reduction due to this.  It's calculating the PAYG on the full gross amount.

I have a few employees who do this & this is the first where it's not working properly.

I can't figure out why?! Can anyone assist?

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Felicity.  I am guessing that this is for a new super fund for this new employee.  The solution therefore is likely to be in how you have set it up.  If you go and edit the respective payroll item, the fourth screen in relates to Tax Tracking Type.  You need to have this set to Gross Payments whereas it is possible that you have got it set to None. See how you go in looking at this.  
    John L G
  • Julia_8208714
    Julia_8208714 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2016
    Further to the above:
    Are they all using the same SS pay item or has a new one been set up? 
    If a new one has been set up I assume the PAYG Tax has been ticked - sounds odd as you want it not to calculate PAYG however the Gross is being reduced by the amount so this amount is essentially a negative so therefore a negative PAYG
  • Felicity Van
    Felicity Van Member Posts: 64
    edited June 2016

Hi John,

This was it! So silly of me! Thank you :)

• John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Very pleased that it was as simple as that to solve Julia.  I have done it myself as well.  John L G
  • John Graetz
    edited March 2017
    Hi Jo-Anne.  It is unclear as to just what your problem is.  Can you please be a bit more specific by using some numbers e.g.
    Net pay without SS
    Period of pay e.g. weekly, fortnightly etc
    Tax Code e.g 2-TFT
    HECS - yes/no
    Amount of tax deducted

Now provide the same sort of details but this time with SS
    Gross pay
    SS
    Net Pay
    Period of pay e.g. weekly, fortnightly etc
    Tax Code e.g. 2-TFT
    HECS yes/no
    Amount of tax deducted.

By providing the above information, we can far more readily determine what your problem is.
    John L G
  • John Graetz
    edited March 2017
    Hi Jo-Anne.  To my knowledge the tax tables were updated.  The fact that you only have one employee where you say the calculation is incorrect testifies to this fact.
    Again, unless you can be more specific, nobody is going to able to help you at all.
    What are the circumstances and situation for this employee which causes you to believe that there is a bug in the program?  Whilst in my opinion this is highly unlikely, it is possible, I guess.  On the other hand, my opinion would be that you have made a likely input error which is causing the aberration, but without any figures for me or anybody else to check with you, there is no opportunity to either prove or disprove your assertion.
    John L G