paying jobkeeper top up

Julie Dinsdale
Julie Dinsdale Member Posts: 15
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hello Community,

I am not very good at explaining myself but I will give it a go.

I unlocked all my fortnightly pays and added the top up amounts for each employee. They are sitting in a new sub-expense account under payroll expense. They received their pays at the time and now I just have to pay each of them the top up. How do I do this in Reckon Hosted? I can't create a new ABA file as that brings in the whole pay again, including the top up. Do I do journals? I have no idea. I have lodged all the STP's with the new figures, so that is all correct, it is the payment that is confusing me.

Regards Jules

Comments

• glendaveale
    glendaveale Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    You will need to do manual payments to the bank for the difference in the net pay. 
  • Julie Dinsdale
    edited August 2020
    Thanks, I am going to do a manual payment, however how do I account for it in Reckon Hosted? If I write a cheque to each employee, that will increase the expense account, which I don't want to do as the expense was accounted for when I unlocked the pays and added in the JobKeeper top up.

Regards Jules
  • glendaveale
    glendaveale Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    No need to enter in Reckon as you have already done the wages entry.  Just pay through bank account and then use both amounts when reconciling the bank accounts.  
  • Julie Dinsdale
    edited May 2020
    Oh, O.K, thanks for that.

Been having some real blonde moments in iso :)

Kindest regards Jules