Paying out large LSL amount (300+ hours) for an employee without terminating the employee

Sharyn Evans
Sharyn Evans Member Posts: 8
edited December 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Can anyone assist me in how to payout a large LSL amount (300+ hours) for an employee without terminating the employee? I can't quite get my head around how to do it and can't find an answer online ANYWHERE!

I am using Reckon Accounts Desktop

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2018
    Hi Sharyn,
    Have you checked out this Knowledgebase article? -

Processing Long Service Leave in Reckon Accounts

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Teagan Uttridge
    Teagan Uttridge Member Posts: 36
    edited December 2018
    if the long service leave is set up the same as holiday pay and personal leave, you just allocate the hours and pay rate when you process payroll 

• Sharyn Evans
    edited December 2018
    HI Rav - I've read the article, thanks, but I want to cash out all of her LSL entitlements rather than just the number of hours she would be entitled to in this pay period (37.5)? 

Have you got any suggestions for how to do that?
  • Di_9337847
    Di_9337847 Member Posts: 29
    edited December 2018
    My understanding is LSL is only paid out upon either termination or as holidays which actually need to be taken. You cannot just pay it out in conjunction with normal wages, check your state laws as this is I believe how it works in QLD. If yourself and the employee agree you can lodge a submission to Fair Work to have the LSL paid out.
  • Sharyn Evans
    edited December 2018
    hi Di - thanks, we've been on the phone to Fairwork and they say it can be done in SA as long as written agreement with the employee.
  • Teagan Uttridge
    edited December 2018
    Are you still stuck on how to do this?
  • Sharyn Evans
    edited December 2018
    yes still stuck!

• Teagan Uttridge
    edited December 2018
    ok explain how you have long service leave set up and ill help you 
  • Sharyn Evans
    edited December 2018
    HI Teagan, what information would you like? We have it setup as a payroll item, with hours accruing correctly. I'm relatively new to Reckon so if you let me know exactly what info you're after I can get it for you. Thanks!
  • Teagan Uttridge
    edited December 2018
    ok great that makes it easy for you. So what I would do now is make the payroll item is set up properly and it will reduce the hours accrued in the long service leave, if you like run an unscheduled payroll, enter this the same way you would annual leave and reckon will do the rest for you
  • Sharyn Evans
    edited December 2018
    Hi Teagan - thanks, but this user has accrued over 300 hours. I want to pay her out for the full 300 hours but it won't let me add it to her payroll, it is just not calculting it correctly
  • Teagan Uttridge
    edited December 2018
    have you checked to see if a limit has been set under the leave tab (maximum hours accrued)
  • Sharyn Evans
    edited December 2018
    hi Teagan- thanks, I think I have managed to do it. I ended up entering the leave deduction as an hourly rate and it loos like it worked ok