Paying Partners

paddyvan
paddyvan Member Posts: 3
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Being a partnership I want to set up for Jobkeeper payment for my husband.  At present we get get the profits/ losses when the accountant does the end of the year financials.  
Because he doesn't take a wage from the business would l set him up as a normal employee, paying taxes and super and then claim the $1500.00 subsidy? 

Comments

• Linda Benfield
    Linda Benfield Member Posts: 75
    edited June 2020
    Hi Paddyvan, 

No. Definately dont do that.

In the Business portal complete this section....

I have added some explanations of the questions.

Hope this helps.

Linda
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Assume you have checked out the ATO website here https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobKeeper-Payment/Sole-traders-and-other-entities/

As the your husband is not an employee - there is nothing to do in Reckon - you need to apply through your business portal or your BAS/Tax Agent if you are eligible.  The payment will then come into the partnership account.  Your husband should complete the business participant nomination form. (you will find the link to download the form on the ATO page above).
  • Linda ABC
    edited April 2020
    Your post wasnt showing when I wrote mine Linda - Paddyvan - the above shows what you will see if you apply online yourself through the Business portal.
  • paddyvan
    edited April 2020
    Hi Linda
    Thanks for your help.  Where in the business portal  is the above info?  I looked and found the Normination form for our employee to fill out and where  I needed to fill out the form but  all  I needed to do is save the form not submit it.
  • Linda ABC
    edited April 2020
    that screen shot that the other Linda put up - is from where you click on the Covid-19 link on the home page of the Business Portal - and then click Enrol to apply for Job Keeper.
  • paddyvan
    edited April 2020
    Thanks.  I had used the form to nominated our employer.  Spoke with the ATO to adjust the numbers by 1.  Feel much better now.