Paying PAYE/Kiwisaver

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi, being a new user to Reckon, I for the life of me can't work this part out, and I'm sure someone out there will know exactly what I am doing wrong.

When it comes to PAYE, KiwiSaver contributions and ESCT, are these added under the "manage tax" section, or have I missed something completely? First month of paying an employee so not sure if I'm looking in the right place, I thought this would've been handled under Payroll/pay liabilities, but when I look in there nothing is showing?

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2014
    Hi Kevin, Kiwisaver is NZ's version of superannuation, it's what they call it over here.

Thanks
  • Julie Gordon
    Julie Gordon Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2016
    Hi Geordie,
    Do you mean you are wanting to record a payment to IRD for PAYE/KS/ESCT? If so this is located under Employees, Payroll Taxes & Liabilities, Create Custom Liability Payments. Assuming all your payroll items are set up correctly then the amounts calculated should be showing on this screen.
    I am an Accredited consultant based in Auckland, so please let me know if you require any training or assistance regarding payroll or Reckon Accounts in general
    Thanks
    Julie Gordon
    julie@quicksmartaccounts.com
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2014
    Hi Julie,

Thanks for your reply, that is exactly what I am referring to. So, assuming I have set the payroll up correctly, do I then need to go into the "pay liabilities" section and set these up as well, or do they show automatically? If they are supposed to show automatically, then I've done something wrong as they aren't showing anywhere.

Any help in making sure the payroll is set up and working correctly will be much appreciated, everything else within Reckon is set up and working perfectly, it's just the payroll side I am stuck on.

Thanks again,
    Geordie
  • Julie Gordon
    Julie Gordon Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2015
    Hi Geordie, i
    t does sound like you may have an error in setup  of payroll payroll items and or employees if you have processed pays and nothing is coming up under the Payroll liabilities section.
    Did you work through the NZ Payroll Guide?
    It is probably a bit hard to go through over these posts as without seeing or going through your file settings there could be a few anomolies, maybe if you call me on 021759142 or julie@quicksmartaccounts.com. Otherwise contact Reckon NZ and they should be able to email you the payroll guide directlly.
    Regards Julie
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2014
    Hi Julie,

Thanks for your input, it sounds like you are right on the money, I don't think I have set the payroll up properly, and to be honest I know nothing about the NZ Payroll Guide, so I'll contact Reckon tomorrow and go through that, if that doesn't fix it I'll give you a call. Let me know the best time to call, and I'll post up here if I have any success with the Payroll Guide.

Thanks again for your help,
    Geordie