Payment Summary error

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Hello, I emailed / printed Payment Summaries yesterday and today had a query from one of the guys as to why he had $38 showing in the Reportable employer Super Contributions when he does not Salary Sacrifice. I have been through every payslip of his for the last year and that deduction is not showing. I then checked everyones PS and there are 2 others who have an amount showing in that box that do not SS. Can you tell me how to fix this problem please?
Photo of Deanne Watts

Deanne Watts

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Julia

Julia, Accredited Partner

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I had the same problem with one employee. The first pay was under the $450 however super was manually entered as the next pay was going to put them over the threshold. The second pay took both weeks into account and did the extra super.  Trying to unlock and edit the payrun to ensure only 9.5% was on the entire month still made no difference, $16 kept popping up under RESC.  I simply deleted the supposed extra super on the payrun, ran the payment summaries and put the super back afterwards.  It is a mystery and I could not remove it despite trying all sorts of adjustments to pay items etc.  I did not want to delete the entire pays as that would upset the bank recs.
Photo of Deanne Watts

Deanne Watts

Thankyou so much Julia, that fixed the problem and it is all ticketyboo now.
The hardest part was finding the adjustment pay!
Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

• 10,138 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Deanne and Julia,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

A quick solution to amounts appearing in RESC that should not be there and are not related to  Salary Sacrifice is in Payroll & Employee Preferences, untick the option Calculate RESC difference for SA and/or CA payroll items.  

Generally, the problem of unwanted amounts in the RESC field come from incorrect use of the super payroll items.

Firstly, the super guarantee item - SA - should only be used for the statutory amount (currently 9.5%).  Avoid over-writing this amount with another value.

If you have an approved agreement to pay more than the statutory rate, then use the Collective Agreement item - CA - where you can set the agreed rate.  

If you are paying an additional amount of super, then use the EA item - Employer Additional.

SS is for super salary sacrifice.  

Review a Super Report by Employee report and and examine the Contribution Type for your employee and their pays to ensure the correct one has been used in all circumstances.  Where there is an error, delete the super item from the pay and replace it with the correct super contribution type.

Keeping Calculate RESC difference for SA and/or CA payroll items ticked is a good idea to ensure that you remain compliant with reporting excess super payments.  

Hope this helps.  

regards,
John.
Photo of Deanne Watts

Deanne Watts

Hi John,
The problem was not with the setting up of the Payroll Items but with the calculation of first 38 hours on payslips. If that amount is not correct then at end of month when doing the super report an adjustment needs to be made to make the super correct.
We have always done this and this is the first year we have had this issue and it was only with 3 employees, all having had a manual adjustment to their super.
Julia's suggestion has worked and now everyone is happy.
Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

Hi Deanne,

Please review your setup and usage as super should calculate correctly, whatever your requirements,  and there be no need for you to make adjustments.  If need be please call technical support for further assistance.  

regards,
John.
Photo of Deanne Watts

Deanne Watts

You are absolutely correct John, so it should but it has not been. At the moment I have one employee and his SG is showing double amounts on his payslips and that has just started since May I believe, prior to that there was no issue. I can send you copies to see what I mean if you like. I have tried calling Technical Assistance and have sat on hold for 40 minutes and just been redirected to the Website Community by the voice message.
Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

Hi Deanne,

I'm a little concerned about your earlier statement: "The first pay was under the $450 however super was manually entered as the next pay was going to put them over the threshold. The second pay took both weeks into account and did the extra super."

The module checks for month-to-date gross pays to determine payment of super and will only pay super when the month-to-date is over $450.00.  The first payment is for the full amount for the month; subsequent payments will be for just that pay.

If you intend to pay super on amounts below $450.00, set that threshold in the super item setup to 0.00.

If you are encountering unexplained abnormal calculations, re-sort the relevant lists (payroll items, Chart of Accounts, Names List) and rebuild your file.  

If problems persist then please call Technical Support and thoroughly work through the issue with them until resolved.  

regards,
John.  
Photo of Deanne Watts

Deanne Watts

Sorry John, it was Julia that made that comment.
Photo of Julia

Julia, Accredited Partner

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks however the system had a little hissy fit hence why it would not accept the normal SGC amounts paid on OTE - the same pay item was used and the same super category was used and no other contribution types were set up and no extra amounts were being contributed. I am a Reckon AP and have managed to solve other issues just not this one so a simple fix to get the EMPDUPE out was to remove that super amount temporarily.