Payment Summaries - Should RESC amount be included in the Gross payments box?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I'm trying to reconcile my payment summaries against my reports and need to know the following:
Is the amount of RESC included in the Gross Payments box or does the figure in the Gross Payments box align with the "adjusted gross payments" on my reports (Payroll Totals report being used)?
E.g. I have $2000 sal. sac. and $11,000 adj gross making gross wages $13,000 so RESC box is $2000 and Gross payments box reads $11,000 - not $13,000.  Is this correct? 
Some of my sal. sac. is working like the above example (run two sets of books) and the other is adding the adj. gross + sal. sac in the Gross box.  One is right and one is wrong but I just don't know which one.
Once established I then have to try and ascertain what is set up wrong?  Thanks for any help:)
Photo of Lisa Hodson

Lisa Hodson

• 380 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mahesh

Mahesh

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Lisa,

I have just finished my Payment Summaries and my report matches to my payroll totals. 

The RESC figure is align with you "adjusted gross Payment"

E.g. I have $2000 sal. sac. and $11,000 adj gross making gross wages $13,000 so RESC box is $2000 and Gross payments box reads $11,000 - (this is correct)

We have couple of employees doing the salary sacrifice and their payment summaries appears as above. I hope this might solve you problem...Gud luck 

Cheers,
Mahesh

Photo of Lisa Hodson

Lisa Hodson

• 380 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for such a quick reply to my question Mahesh.  Makes good sense but wanted to be sure.  Now I have to try and work out what is set up wrongly in my payroll items to make Reckon include the RESC in the gross. 
Thank you