Payroll 20192020 STP report issue for 1 July

Options
TMR
TMR Member Posts: 9
edited June 2020 in Payroll Premier
After processing the first payrun on 1 July for this year, the STP report still showing last years figures and as payrun 59 for the previous year. When doing the pay, I had to reset the pay end date to 1 July (like last year) manually instead of 28 June. I also had to reset the year to date totals so that the payslips did not include last years totals. Now the STP report is just showing the year end totals not the new ones. What is going on here please? 

Comments

• solomon Megharaj_10105556
    solomon Megharaj_10105556 Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I had the same issue too. Unless someone can respond with better way of addressing this issue, here is what I did -

a. Retrieve the data file(.qpw) from the back up of the previous FY.
    b. Process the pay - Ensure the week start and week end is both in July and paid date is obviously in July!!!!
    c. Once the pays are done - check your YTD on the payslips. This should be just for one week and ensure that it matches to the YTD figures of the employee's profile/Card.
    d. Run the STP report again. You should have only the 19-20 FY pays in it.

• Simone_9171542
    Simone_9171542 Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2019
    Options
    not an option for us, I have over 150 employees and cannot re enter them all again
  • TMR
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Thanks Solomon but are you saying process the pay again?  What do I do about the pay I actually processed on the 1 July?  I did actually go in to each pay after the event and changed both dates to 1 July (instead of 28 June and 1 July) and when I run the payroll report it all looks good and the YTD figures are currently correct.
  • solomon Megharaj_10105556
    solomon Megharaj_10105556 Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2019
    Options
    What about YTD figures on the Employee profile? If they are coming up only 19/20 pays then run the STP report.
  • Simone_9171542
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I ended up changing all the dates in the already processed pay to read a pay ending date of 01/07... I then did a mock for next weeks pay and generated the STP report and all YTD figures show correct as if they “accumulated” over the two weeks... I’m assuming that they will all be updated to correct figures which include the first week after next pay run is finalised and the STP is uploaded
  • TMR
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Yes the YTD figures on the Employee profiles are correct.  I have closed Payroll down, re-booted, changed print settings to date paid then tried the STP report again and still showing Payrun 59 1 July and last years YTD figures not including the 1 July pay. 
  • TMR
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I was thinking that might be the case Simone - that I just don;t lodge an STP report for the 1 July but do it after 8 July when I do my second payrun for the 20192020 year?
  • Simone_9171542
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Yes that’s what I’ll be doing - I did a test with one employee and it picked up the gross and tax for the first week as well as the test figures for the second. I think as long as the pay end date has been changed manually to fall in 2020 financial year then it should be ok particularly as ATO requires date paid reporting. The history tab also shows the correct YTD figures for this new financial year.
  • TMR
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I think something similar happened to me last year - I just couldn't recall exactly what I did.  It's just disappointing that the software can't adapt for this scenario and I can't even get through on the help line by phone to sort it out. I wish the software was Date paid by default instead of Date end - Australia has to report by Date Paid to ATO.
    Thanks for your help Simone and Solomon.
  • linda_9716385
    linda_9716385 Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I think the software needs to rectified . We shouldn't have to re enter dates. Not an option for us.