Payroll item limits not working

Alicia Anderson
Alicia Anderson Member Posts: 12
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I've set up a new payroll item and I need to set a maximum limit. It is dependant on different hourly rates so some employees have a higher limit than others. I've set up the maximum limit in the actual payroll item. Then I go to the individual and select the extra payroll item and give them individual limits. When I create a pay check though it only goes up to the limit I set in payroll item NOT the individual employees limit. What am I doing wrong??

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Alicia - have you tried removing the limit you have set in the payroll item?  It should then refer to the limit set for each employee?

cheers Linda
  • Alicia Anderson
    Alicia Anderson Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2017
    Thanks Linda, I've already tried that and I get no limit being applied at all.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Thats no good... I have never had any trouble with the limits not working, so I am wondering if its something to do with the setup of the payroll item?  do you have any screen dumps of the payroll item settings you can post?
  • Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Hi Alicia,

Try recreating your payroll items again with no limit and apply the limit on the employees.  That should work.

Regards,
    Shane.