PAYROLL PATCH 19/20

Sharon Cowley
Sharon Cowley Member Posts: 39
edited April 2020 in Payroll Premier
PAYROLL PATCH 19/20

Hi RAV,

I have tried to copy and paste the new RINB.EXE FILE but get this error message ;
Error (Access Denied creating \QCompany.TPS.
Help.

Sharon.

Comments

• Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I get:
  • Sharon Cowley
    edited April 2020
    Yeh I got that too !!

• Kali
    edited July 2019
    How did you get past it?
  • Sharon Cowley
    edited April 2020
    Kali ,
    How do upload these images . I took screen shot but not sure how to upload .

Sharon.
  • Kali
    edited July 2019
    When you reply... there's a little camera on the bottom toolbar that appears at the bottom of the box you write in...image
  • Sharon Cowley
    edited July 2019
    Thanks so much !! I cant even remember - downloaded that file so many times now hoping it would work. 
  • Kali
    edited July 2019
    Happy to help :)
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Sharon,
    In terms of the 'Access Denied' message, are you running any anti-virus or other security software that prevents files from being written to your C:/ drive?

I'd suggest switching off your anti-virus temporarily and then trying again.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Your file looks to be called RINB(3).exe not RINB.exe.
    I'm guessing you would have had multiple download attempts in your download queue/folder.
    Retry with the correctly named .exe file or reinstall Payroll Premier so the installation process can correctly install the missing .dll

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kali
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for the response Rav, think my IT guys have fixed the issue.

Cheers,
  • Sharon Cowley
    edited July 2019
    Hi ,
    I turned off now i have this again . The same as Kali.

How do you unistall payroll premier 19-20 ?
    Sharon.
  • Sharon Cowley
    edited April 2020
    ok i did an uninstall and reinstall but i still get the error message -cannot proceed because PWUTIL.DIL was not found. Frustrated now !

Sharon.
  • Sharon Cowley
    edited July 2019
    Kali how did they fix? I uninstalled and reinstalled ?
    Sharon.
  • Sharon Cowley
    edited July 2019
    Hi ,
    was just on phone for an hour waiting and asked for patch 19/20 help as i keep getting the same error. 

I dont think support person knew anything about it . He installed payroll 19/20 which i had already unistalled and reinstalled and hung up and didn't help with patch!!!!

Now have to wait on phone again.

Sharon.

• Kali
    edited July 2019
    Hi Sharon,

Are you running the file? Make sure you don't "run" it as such, but are just copying and pasting over the original.
  • Sharon Cowley
    edited July 2019
    Hi Kali,
    I finally fixed it myself !! While waiting on phone for another hour ! Not sure how , kept downloading and trying and deleting etc etc .

Thank you for answering ,
    Sharon.