Payroll Premier - 1st October Tax Table Update

• Article
  • Updated 3 years ago

Hi everyone,

The updated PAYG tax tables are now available for Payroll Premier

Find out more about the ATO Tax Update here.

Log in to the Reckon Members Site now to download and install the updated tax tables, and ensure you remain payroll compliant for the 2016/2017 financial year.

Steps to install the Tax Table Update

1. Process all employee pay up until 30 September 2016 and create a back up of your Payroll Premier 2016/17 data file(s).

2. Exit Payroll Premier 2016/17 and log in to the Reckon Members Site to download the QTax.exe file to your computer. Double clicking on QTax.exe will extract two files to C:\Temp

3. Copy the 'Qtax.tps' and 'Qtaxinfo.tps' extracted files and replace the existing ones. These are usually found in C:\Program Files\QPRollV25\Data as this is the default installation folder.

4. Once done, open Payroll Premier 2016/17, check that the new Tax Scales have been installed by selecting Lists > PAYG Tax Scales, from the drop down menu. The dates shown in the Last Update column should be 1/10/2016.

Full instructions on how to install the update will be provided on the download page of the Reckon Members Site.

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,170 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Felicity Van

Felicity Van

• 1,348 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I use Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2016 - is there an update for that?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 90,630 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Felicity,

Just replied to your other post here

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,170 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Photo of Wanda Robertson

Wanda Robertson

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Tax update October 2016.

We use Payroll Premier 2015/16. I've just completed all the steps for the tax updates but when I go to check my PAYG tax scales, the date remains 02/07/2016 when I updated for the new financial year. I need to process our Payroll in the next 30 min and want to know if I can proceed and if I am now tax compliant or not?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Wanda,

Are you seeing that date after selecting 'List Tax Scales'?

Lists > PAYG tax scales

Just to clarify, could you confirm if you are using Payroll Premier 2016/17 OR Payroll Premier 2015 as you've mentioned above?
Photo of Andy Costanzo

Andy Costanzo

• 70 Points
Hi,
Is it possible to upgrade the tax scales in Payroll Premier 2012/13?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Andy
Photo of Mia Cranes

Mia Cranes

• 582 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I'm trying to download the update using the link above but after entering my Customer ID and PIN it does not log me in (see screenshot below).  I'm using Windows 8.1 and have tried this in both Internet Explorer 11 and Google Chrome.  Any suggestions?
Photo of Mia Cranes

Mia Cranes

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't download Payroll Premier October 2016 Tax Update.

I'm trying to download the Payroll Premier October 2016 Tax update but after entering my Customer ID and PIN it does not log me in (see screenshot below). I'm using Windows 8.1 and have tried this in both Internet Explorer 11 and Google Chrome. Any suggestions?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Mia,

Are you running an activated version of Payroll Premier 2016/17?

The new tax table update is available to the current 2016/2017 range. If so, can you please give us a call so we can take a closer look into this for you

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Mia Cranes

Mia Cranes

Thank you Rav.  Technical support were able to send me the files.
Photo of Andy Costanzo

Andy Costanzo

• 70 Points
Hi Rav,
Sorry to ask again.
Is it possible to upgrade the tax scales in Payroll Premier 2012/13?

Thanks
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Andy,

Really sorry for not getting back to your earlier post!

Unfortunately not, the tax table update is only available for the current 2016/17 Payroll Premier version.

Details on Payroll Premier 2016/17 are available here

Cheers
Rav