Payroll Premier 2017/18 problem emailing our payslips after upgrade

Blandine Lorraine Lam
Blandine Lorraine Lam Member Posts: 7
edited July 2019 in Payroll Premier
since upgraded to  Payroll Premier 2017/18, unable to email out payslips.  after clicking 'email', no employee email addresses appear eventhough employees profile contain email addresses and payslips set to be emailed.  Have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, same problem persists.   does anyone have similar issues?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Hi Blandine,

Sorry to hear you're having issues after upgrade, I've found this KB and while it was written for the previous version, the principle of it is the same and could be helpful.

Check it out here and let me know if there's any change for you -

Payslips do not email from Payroll Premier

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Tobias K
    Tobias K Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2017
    I'm having the same issue too with Payroll Premier 2017/18 since I've upgraded.

There are no employee email address to select after clicking the email button in the payslips report. This function was working correctly in the previous version of payroll premier. 

It's not a security permission issue as described in that KB you've linked rather the program generating any to send in the dialog box presented.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Hi Tobias,

I've just posted another thread on this issue, check it out here - 
    Emailing payslips issue with Payroll Premier 2017/18

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Simone_9171542
    Simone_9171542 Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2017
    I am having a similar problem. I am able to send to the entire email list however if I only want to select ONE employee it does not let me. Any ideas?? 
  • Mark_9171963
    Mark_9171963 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I'm having the same problem Simone.  It won't let me select/deselect individual employees.  It's either all the employees or none of them.
  • Goph
    Goph Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2017
    Similar problem but not quite the same.  Since upgrading if we try to email a payslip via outlook we get an error "sending email failed".  This only occurs with the 17/18 (26) version.  If I go back an try it again with 16/17 (25) it works fine.  This means it is a problem introduced wit the new version and not any problems with my system setup.
    I also have a problem with selecting/deselecting in the email list.  No matter where I try in the list it only works on the first name in the list.
    Need this fixed soon.  Some on my employees need their payslips urgently to give to Centerlink.
  • Mark_9171963
    edited July 2017
    "I also have a problem with selecting/deselecting in the email list.  No matter where I try in the list it only works on the first name in the list".

This is exactly the same problem we are having. Glad I'm not alone.

• Simone_9171542
    Simone_9171542 Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2017
    Yes, I hope we can get an answer on this issue soon as I also need to select individual payslips often. 
  • Rav
    edited July 2017
    Hi guys,

Certainly hear your feedback on this, just an update to let you know where we're currently at with this.
    At the moment the issue of being unable to select one or subset group of employees is being looked into, the developer is finding it difficult to replicate this issue in order to debug it appropriately. It seems to be sporadic in the sense of how many users its affecting, and under what conditions eg. operating system, version etc.

That said, we're still looking into it and as soon as I hear further info on this, I'll be sure to let you now here first.

I'm really sorry for the frustration and thank you all for your patience.

Cheers
    Rav

• Mark_9171963
    edited July 2017
    Hi Rav.  Currently using Windows 7 Professional
  • Goph
    Goph Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2017
    My main problem is not being able to email at all.  For me the selection problem is a side issue.
  • Rav
    edited July 2017
    Hi everyone,

We have resolved the issue in Payroll Premier 2017/18 that was causing the two scenarios below:
    • Employees were either missing or wouldn't show at all when trying to email Payslips in PP 17/18
    • From the email payslip window, users couldn't un-select employees from being emailed and had to email every employee
    You will have to download this updated RINB.exe file and save it to the C:\ QPRollV26\Reports folder and replace the current one.

The folder structure might be different if you have changed the default installation path during installation wizard.

The two KB's below have step by step instructions (the instructions are the same but they talk about the above two issues separately): Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustration caused at this busy time of year. Let us know if you have any issues with the above.

Thanks,
    Rav

• Rav
    edited July 2017
    Hi Goph,

I've just flicked you a reply in your own thread :) 

Cheers
    Rav

• Mark_9171963
    edited July 2017
    Works perfect, thank you!!
  • Kristy Lakomy
    Kristy Lakomy Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2017
    Hi! I'm having a similar issue with Accounts Hosted. It worked last week but not this week. I click email payslips, select the period, select the payslips to email and then when it goes to the next screen they are not listed. Any ideas?

• Rav
    edited July 2017
    Hi there Kristy,

The issue outlined above is specific to the Payroll Premier product and resolved via the fixes in my post above.

As you're using Accounts Hosted, what you may be experiencing is a corruption which causes the Send Forms to Send list to not show any entries. Check out this KB for info on this and the process on how to tackle it - 
    Send Forms list is blank and there are no Payment Summaries to email

If you think its something different, please create a new thread seperate to this and we can go from there :) 

Cheers
    Rav