Payroll Premier 2017/2018

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
I am running Payroll Premium 2017/2018 and on the 2nd July 2018, I processed our Payment Summaries, and backed up our Payroll as normal.  On 3rd July 2018, I attempted to process our 1st payroll of the year and was given a message saying that "The version of payroll will not upgrade your version 18 database.  Please refer to the documentation supplied with the software for the correct procedure???"

After clicking OK on this screen, another message comes along telling me  that "the data file is either corrupt or not a valid Reckon Payroll data file.  Please select another file to open or click Cancel to exit quicken."  I choose the sample file, as it seems to not be able to read the other files and the program opens up, but it is a warning that I must register the software in order to keep using it.  It is already registered, and when I try to continue it just closes down
Has anyone else had this issue?
Should I attempt to install the 2018/19 version of the software and hope that it rectifies itself?

We run our payroll on an offsite server, and I have to get our IT people to rectify any problems.  He was on hold to Reckon for over 2 hours yesterday, and then got disconnected.  Very hard to get hold of them 
Photo of Sue

Sue

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated!

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,300 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Welcome to the Reckon Community, Sue.

it sounds like your company file has a corruption.  Please follow the this guide to correct it.

regards,
john
Photo of Sue

Sue

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks John.  My IT guy ended up installing the 2018/19 Payroll Premier and as I had backed up my payroll file on 27th June, we were able to fix things up. 
Photo of John G

Good to hear you are back up and running, Sue.

regards,
John
Photo of Teresa

Teresa

• 60 Points
Hi John
I have this same error message in the 2018/19 payroll, I have followed the guide to correct it but now cannot get past the registration screen, our product is registered and then it just closes down.  What do i need to do to get past this registration?

Regards Teresa 
(Edited)
Photo of John G

Welcome to the Reckon Community Teresa,

Go to the directory C:\QPRollV27\Data and delete the file Qcompany.tps.
Launch Payroll Premier and if you are asked to Register, click Next and the next screen should detect that you are already registered.

If the programme still thinks you are not registered, then do a self-registration again using the On the Internet option - follow the guide here.  

Hope this helps.

regards,
John