Payroll Premier 2018/19 final pay processing

Libby
Libby Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
edited July 2020 in Payroll Premier
Hi,
Today I am will be processing the final pay for 2018/19. What are the procedures for uploading the final STP?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hi Libby,
    If every employee you've paid throughout the year is still in the last payrun you're about to process then you can use the regular 'Final Pay Event' selection to close off the final pay.

If you have employees that were terminated throughout the year ie. they are not present in the final payrun then we have a new piece of functionality coming next week which will introduce a Year End Finalisation function which will bring up ALL employees paid throughout the year regardless of terminated or not and this will be sent as your final pay event.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Helen Stewart
    Helen Stewart Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav
    do we need to download a patch for this finalisation function?

• Libby
    edited July 2020
    Thanks Rav. I do have terminated employees so I will have to wait. I assume  this is a patch that we will have to upload. I was hoping to run the final pay today (estimating times) this gives me more time to do all the associated EOFY payroll processes before the 1st pay of the new year. I do hope the patch will be ready early in the week. Also were there any other patches during this year as I have not received any notices to load them?
  • Libby
    edited July 2020
    Hi Rav
    Help!!
    Any news on when the Final Years Pay functionality will be rolled out?
    We do our weekly payroll on a Thursday.
    I always pull the last weeks pay forward by a week to give me more time to get the EOFY processing done in time prior to the 1st pay of the new year.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi Libby,
    If not tomorrow, it'll be in the next couple of days at the latest.
    I'll have info and announcements on the Community as soon as its live.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Libby
    edited July 2020
    Hi Rav
    Any news on the update?
    I am getting worried that I will not have the update in time for payday on Thursday.
  • Helen Stewart
    edited June 2019
    HI Rav
    I am doing my final payrun today can I process it but not upload it to reckon gov until the patch is available?

• davis lighting
    davis lighting Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2019
    That is my question too???
  • Helen Stewart
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Rav, but do I still process my pays in 2018/2019 payroll as usual but not upload it  to send to the ATO ??  When 2019/2020 is avail download it then send as per instructions before starting the new financial years pays? Hope that makes sense!

• Libby
    edited July 2020

Hi Rav
    I have read your reply about final pay run but do we upload that STP Report  to Gov Connect then upload the end of year STP report once we have loaded the 2019/20 Payroll Premier version??

• davis lighting
    edited June 2019
    Good question can I have the answer too?

• Rav
    edited August 2019
    Hi guys,
    This article explains how the end of year submission will work with the 'Finalise Year' option coming to Payroll Premier 2019/20.
    Processing your Single Touch Payroll End of Financial Year Submission with Payroll Premier

If you have ALREADY processed your final pay ie. marked it with Final Pay Event and submitted it via GovConnect, but still have employees outstanding that were NOT included in that final pay submission, you can still perform the End of Financial Year process in Payroll Premier 2019/20 (when released) as outlined in the article above

• margaret_9248620
    margaret_9248620 Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2019
    Will that be the same with Reckon Accounts enterprise desktop?
  • Julie_9169984
    Julie_9169984 Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav, when will Payroll Premier 2019/20 be available to download?
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    The principle is the same but for a step by step guide on year end finalisation for Reckon Accounts Business (desktop), see the post here -
    How do I finalise my end of year reporting with Single Touch Payroll?

• Rav
    edited June 2019
    All going well, it will be available tomorrow afternoon I believe.

• Julie_9169984
    Julie_9169984 Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2019
    Thank you :)

• Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Crap! So i've paid the last pay run inside payroll premier and submitted the STP files as per normal through Gov Connect... do i need to delete these???? HELP Rav
  • davis lighting
    edited July 2020
    I was just going to do the same should I just save it in EXPORT 

• Kali
    edited June 2019
    Well i just read Rav's comment above 'If you have ALREADY processed your final pay and submitted it via GovConnect, but still have employees outstanding that were NOT included in that final pay submission, you can still perform the End of Financial Year process listed in the article above' so it might be ok.

I really wish there was better communication coming from Reckon.. and not left to the last minute as usual. How have we not already received a software update??!
  • Helen Stewart
    edited June 2019
    it is very disappointing that we are not updated via email as to what is required, well in advance, or if a problem is discovered, we are not emailed immediately. 
  • Libby
    edited June 2019

Here here!
  • TMR
    TMR Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav
    Any update on this please? It would be great to have finalised year end procedure before first pay on Monday 1 July.

• TMR
    TMR Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2019
    HI Rav

Just found this post so please ignore my earlier comment.  Once we have done the End of Financial Year report - is that it as far as the ATO are concerned?  Is it better to wait for the 20192020 update before processing?
  • Peta Lane_9173307
    Peta Lane_9173307 Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2019
    Oh my how lacking in support these guys are!!!  1 hour on the phone to ask a simple question and i had to leave a message to call me which we all know won't happen.  I have the same issue as those above.  I have sent through my last pay but it wasn't marked as final as we didn't have any instructions at that point.  Now if i try to send a final it doesn't have all employees for the year.  Are my terminated employees already 'finalised'.  Do i final my last pay and hope for the best?  then upgrade and do it again for 2018/2019 though the upgraded software which is what i believe is being suggested above?  Good grief!!  Is the 2019/2020 the same as the 'patch' mentioned above?

• Sandra_10081949
    Sandra_10081949 Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2019
    My question is the same as Peta?
  • Kali
    edited July 2019
    Hi Peta,

I spoke to an awesome guy this morning at Reckon, who not only helped me for a couple of hours last night but called me back first thing this morning as promised.. i couldn't believe it!!

Anyway.. here is what i found out and hopefully it can help you too.

1. We submitted our final pay for 18/19 inside 18/19 software and lodged the STP files as per normal
    2. Install 19/20
    3. Bring up the STP report - click EOFY button - all employees past and present should appear
    4. Check all employees YTD figures match the reconciliation report
    5. If all figures match export and lodge with ATO

The EOFY export will replace all previous reports, so this report will be the final figures sent to ATO for 18/19.

Hope that helps.
  • Kali
    edited June 2019
    Sorry, forgot to mention the EOFY report will mark all employees as 'final event' so will start off fresh for everyone for 19/20
  • Peta Lane_9173307
    edited June 2019
    Well done Kali!!!!
    Yes they are super helpful once you actually get through to someone who knows the software!   Good result and thanks for sharing

• Jo_9722061
    Jo_9722061 Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2019
    HI Kali 
    Did you put it through as an update event?
  • Kali
    edited June 2019
    I was so impressed with him (best support guy i have spoke to in 15 years at Reckon) that i sent an email to his Team Leader! If only.. all the support was like him! 
  • Kali
    edited June 2019
    No, Jo - no update event. Just as per normal.
  • Tracy Rayner
    Tracy Rayner Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2019
    Thanks Kali for your simplified EOFY help above after you did the hard yards on the phone last night and this morning.  Many thanks :)
  • Kali
    edited April 2020
    Well i hope it works Tracy, i'm yet to try it as still fixing other "bugs" :(
  • Kali
    edited May 2020
    Hi Jo,

I just went to do this myself tonight, and noticed the 'update event' button is ticked automatically.

The support tech i spoke to didn't specify this; however, looks like it's mandatory as it won't let you untick it.

However, this could be because i had already lodged the standard STP lodgement through 18/19 already.

Cheers,

Kali
  • Jo_9722061
    Jo_9722061 Member Posts: 30
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Kali - with your help it was easy :) 
  • Kali
    edited July 2019
    So glad it helped :)
  • Kali
    edited April 2020
    Is anyone having any issues where terminated employees are not appearing once you click the EOFY button? 
  • Sue K
    Sue K Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2019
    Hi,
    How can I get this patch?
  • Peta Lane_9173307
    edited July 2020
    Hi Kali
    I can't even get that far as when i hit the button and select 2018/2019 it says i have no pays even though they appear when i ask for the pays for last financial year.  Can't call cause they aren't taking any calls as they are at capacity.  Supposed to be processing payroll today for 2019/2020.  Heard anyone else having same problem?  did you resolve yours?