Payroll Premier 2018-2019 Backups

Mia Cranes
Mia Cranes Member Posts: 25
edited August 2019 in Payroll Premier
Hi,

I am using Payroll Premier 2018-2019 and after each pay run I back up to the host computer and a flash drive, the flash drive is taken off site outside of business hours.

Just wondering, do I need to keep a separate back up after each pay run (this what I do now) or can I just over-write the previous back up file?  Presumably, each new back up contains everything from the previous ones plus the new data.  Just trying to save on file space if I can.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    Hi Mia,
    While your backup will contain all the previous data, the best practice would be to retain multiple backup copies so that you have access to data at individual points in time should anything untoward occur.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2018
    I didn't say that though did I Kev.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Mia Cranes
    Mia Cranes Member Posts: 25
    edited August 2018
    Thank you Kevin and Rav.  I will continue my current process.