Payroll Premier 2018/2019 -- Payslip Email Issue

Andrea_9710660
Andrea_9710660 Member Posts: 10
edited May 2020 in Payroll Premier
Just completed the Upgrade but we are not able to email payslips 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,250 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    Hi Andrea,
    What's happening when you try?

Are you getting any error messages?

Where in the process is it failing ie. could you give us some info on the process you're following

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    We're having the same issue - can no longer email pay slips or payment summaries in 18/19. Error appears 'sending email failed'
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,250 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    Hi Kali, There are some steps listed in this KB which might help - ‘Sending Email Failed’ when sending payslips from Payroll Premier - http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=3854

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kali
    edited June 2018
    Hi Rav,

All of this isnt relevant as they were working fine in previous version - all the steps in the attached have been done - and set up correctly.
  • Jenny M
    Jenny M Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav,

I just amended the settings in Outlook as suggested above to run as administrator and I can now send payslips by email in the new version of Payroll Premier 2018/2019.

Thanks, Jenny
  • Ricky Fink
    Ricky Fink Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    I have been waiting for over 2 hours 37 minutes to talk with Tech Support over this issue. I tried following the suggestions above without luck. Why cannot Tech Support call me back. Why does this have to be so difficult?
  • Kali
    edited July 2018
    I too am still having issues. One user (me) can email pay slips but my staff member cannot even after we have updated her as an admin user.
  • Stephen Williams
    Stephen Williams Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2018
    Me too, I've made the alterations as per the link but no joy. It comes up building data then fails.
  • Ricky Fink
    edited July 2018
    As does mine. It freezes Building Data.
    How do we get in contact with Reckon to resolve this? Who has over 2 hours to wait on the phone.
    Does anyone have any solutions?
    Will we hear from Reckon?
    What happened to their call back service?
  • Stephen Williams
    Stephen Williams Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2018
    I found a solution last night that involves shutting down outlook then emailing payslips then reopening outlook and they were sent. This isn't a good solution but works. Reckon need to arrange a patch to fix asap.
  • Ricky Fink
    edited October 2019
    Thanks Stephen,
    I just tried it now. 
    I was able to send the Payslips by email as suggested.
    The only issue was that I could not find Outlook on my computer, & could not reopen (without an error message saying the program was already open). The only way to open Outlook after this was to restart my computer. 
    This is crazy, but at least my staff have Payslips
  • Rajeev Dixit
    Rajeev Dixit Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2018
    ok, i can confirm that starting outlook with "run as admin" and then emailing payslips/payment summaries work.

• Andrea_9710660
    edited July 2018
    It actually works for us as well, although not our preffered set up to have outlook "run as admin" on 3   PCs... if there is an alternative, i would prefer it. 
  • Andrea_9710660
    edited July 2018
    A question for anyone out there... if i run weekly pay -cycles do i need to submit the STP reports weekly ???? 

• Kali
    edited April 2020
    Yes, setting 'run as administrator' in outlook fixes my employees issue as well - but yes, totally not ideal 
  • Sue Stephen
    Sue Stephen Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2020
    I have tried all of the above options and still cannot email payslips.  When I click on the email tab, it takes me to the payment summary report.  Any other suggestions Reckon?
  • Vanessa Dowd
    Vanessa Dowd Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2018
    "Mee too!" I am no longer able to email pay slips - I have followed usual process, but when I hit "ok" after selecting the payslips, the "select forms to send" window comes up blank. Thanks!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2018
    I am not able to email payslips, everything is blank, I closed outlook but still not able to send

• Caroline Suhardjono
    Caroline Suhardjono Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2018
    I just tried same error.
    Then I close all and only open Payroll Premier.
    Do the emailing payslip function.
    Select NONE button than re-Select using that button again.
    Click Send and it looks like working.
    Open the outlook ...all were sent.
    But - I am note sure if my outlook set as admin.
    All I know I am set as the admin for the server that doing all payroll stuff.

• Belinda_8323426
    Belinda_8323426 Member Posts: 37
    edited July 2018
    I have exactly the same problem.  Restarting my computer after each pay run is going to be a massive pain in the .....
  • Belinda_8323426
    Belinda_8323426 Member Posts: 37
    edited July 2018
    I believe the answer is yes if my take from the Webinar is correct.  You have to submit an STP for each physical pay.  However, if someone could pls correct me if I am mistaken.
  • Jo_9722061
    Jo_9722061 Member Posts: 30
    edited July 2018

This is till happening to me - do you have any answers as to how to resolve it yet?

Thanks

• Rajeev Dixit
    Rajeev Dixit Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2018
    We have simply given up. Running outlook as administrator does work but after emailing i need to reboot pc. Ver 2019 is giving us too many headaches.
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Are you running both Payroll Premier and Outlook as administrator? Both need to be running on the same access privileges. 

• Karen Hart
    Karen Hart Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    Still happening to me
  • Sue Stephen
    edited July 2018
    I have tried running both outlook and p/p as administrator and still do not get the email dialogue box where I can make individual selections.  It is taking time to load and directing me to the INB Payment Summaries. This is extremely frustrating.  
  • Jo_9722061
    edited July 2018
    I am having the exact same issue and am unable to email any employee payslips. The employees are also frustrated that they are unable to receive their payslips via email.   PLEASE HELP US! 
  • Sue Stephen
    edited July 2018
    I have resolved my issue.  We had to change our Company name to match with ATO (for STP)- in doing this our company name (which is very long) copied across to the disk file name and given the size, it was preventing me from being able to access the email payslip function and directing me to the INB Payment Summaries.  Once I shortened our company name in the disk file - all now works perfectly.  Hope this information may be of some benefit.
  • Jo_9722061
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Sue, I will try this however not all our companies names are long and I am having trouble with them all.. but I will give it a go and see if it helps
    Thank you
  • Sue Stephen
    edited July 2018
    Jo, I phoned support and didn't have to wait as long as I predicted given the time of year.  The person I had was most helpful and knew my issue instantly.  Might be worth a phone call.  Sue
  • Rosalind Robinson
    Rosalind Robinson Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    I am having the same issue.  Process fails.  Never happened with v26! 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2018
    me too.  v27 doesnt work