Payroll Premier 2018/2019 STP taking 4 minutes plus to launch

Ray_9722051
Ray_9722051 Member Posts: 7
edited May 2020 in Payroll Premier
When we select Single Touch Payroll from within Payroll Premier it can be a good 4 mins or more before we get a popup that says "Checking Data" with a progress bar and then finally get the report. During this period there is no update on screen, Payroll Premier seems to be in a frozen non responsive state.
It finally gets there but surely this isn't normal ?
Windows 10, Excellent internet speed on NBN. All other applications working without fault including prior Payroll Premier versions.

Comments

• Nicky Wray
    Nicky Wray Member Posts: 71
    edited October 2018
    HI,
    That has happened to me before as well and sometimes a whole lot longer. There doesn't seem to be any way of actually knowing if it is frozen or just "thinking". These days I just leave it and go and work in Reckon Accounts or anything else and eventually it opens

• Ray_9722051
    Ray_9722051 Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2018
    Nick - thanks for your feedback. We've just done another and its taken 9 minutes - this is CRAZY.

• Jo_9722061
    Jo_9722061 Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2020
    I have the same issue!
  • Katrina Stubbs
    Katrina Stubbs Member Posts: 29
    edited July 2018
    We're the same.
    It didn't bother me so much when I only had to do it once a year at reconciliation time, but now weekly.. it's just painful. 
    Hoping Reckon will take on board the issues and problems that people are sending though and send a patch through. Wont hold my breath through. 
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    Hi all,
    Thanks for your feedback on this, the reason why you might be noticing Payroll Premier taking a while to process is because its changing the reporting method to 'Date Paid'. A requirement of Single Touch Payroll data sent to the ATO is that it must be on date paid criteria so the program is churning through the data to change this. 
    If this is taking a significant amount of time, it might be worth archiving some data or starting a new file for the new year.

While its doing this it should come up with a 'Checking Data' box or something to that effect to indicate its doing something, if you can't see it there's a chance its become hidden behind the application.

We're looking at options that force Payroll Premier to retain the Date Paid option once its closed/reopened.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Katrina Stubbs
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Rav,
    Can you please explain how we archive?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi Katrina,
    There's a really good write up on archiving in this KB article here -
    Archiving a Payroll Premier file

There's also some general info on ensuring you're getting the best performance out of your Payroll Premier file in this article -
    Improving efficiency of your Payroll Premier company file

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Nicky Wray
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav, when it finally opens, it has still defaulted to Pay End Date and doesn't change until after process pays, which also defaults the branch number back to 001 and it doesn't take a long time to launch every time you open it, sometimes it opens straight away like it used to and sometimes (like today when we are to 10 minutes and counting) it doesn't
  • Nicky Wray
    edited July 2018
    And the checking data box doesn't open until it is getting close to actually opening
  • Katrina Stubbs
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Rav, these will be helpful