Payroll Premier 2019 20 won't open says company file is corrupt

Carol_9289806
Carol_9289806 Member Posts: 5
edited July 2019 in Payroll Premier
The version of payroll will not upgrade your version 18 database. Please refer to the documentation supplied with the software for the correct procedure. After clicking OK on this screen, another message comes along telling me that "the data file is either corrupt or not a valid Reckon Payroll data file. Please select another file to open or click Cancel to exit quicken." I choose the sample file, as it seems to not be able to read the other files and the program opens up, but it is a warning that I must register the software in order to keep using it. It is already registered, and when I try to continue it just closes down. I have followed the guide I found on community from last year to correct it and still cannot get past the registration screen, our product is registered and then it just closes down.

Comments

• Carol_9289806
    Carol_9289806 Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2019
    Payroll tomorrow so still working on it . As I have more than 1 company corrupting all would seem very odd,  I had already done the recovery on each and still no luck. I had deleted the file Qcompany.tps.file and still no luck, it just created a new one. I deleted it again and then without opening the payroll I downloaded 2019 20 again and installed, I re registered on the internet, it said successful but shut down but then when I opened payroll again I selected I have my details typed in the code and so far so good.
  • Gnomic_10118354
    Gnomic_10118354 Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2019
    I have the same issue.  After processing today's pay the program shut down and when I try to reopen it does exactly as you have stated:
    The version of payroll will not upgrade your version 18 database. Please refer to the documentation supplied with the software for the correct procedure. After clicking OK on this screen, another message comes along telling me that "the data file is either corrupt or not a valid Reckon Payroll data file. Please select another file to open or click Cancel to exit quicken." I choose the sample file, and the program opens up, but it is a warning that I must register the software in order to keep using it. When I click to do that it tells me it's already registered, and when I try to continue it just closes down.
    I've been having various problems with this software for over 2 weeks now and to say that I'm fustrated is an understandment.