Payroll Premier Upgrade for STP compliance

Options
Katrina Stubbs
Katrina Stubbs Member Posts: 29
edited October 2018 in Payroll Premier
After reading all these errors, concerns, frustrations, malfunctions I am yet to upgrade to the new version of Payroll Premier to be compliant with STP but I am hesitant to do so.
Already we've tried to contact via phone the help desk on EOFY issues but hangup after an hours wait. Not good enough Reckon! 
So my question is:
Is Premier going to fix these issues with patches/updates or like normal are we left to spend our time trying to get around your issues with very minimal help?

Comments

• Nicky Wray
    Nicky Wray Member Posts: 71
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi Katrina, I finally got ours to work this morning after a week and a complete re-install yesterday because we got "access denied" error messages. I tried to ring the 1800 732 566 number this morning and when I pressed the key for "tech support" the message said the number was available on the Members site. I went to the members site and logged in, scrolled down to Payroll Premier for the tech support number and it says " number available on Members site" I gave up and did a lot of trial an error. I share your concerns and frustration
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi Katrina,

Single Touch Payroll has been a massive change and implementation and one that will take some to get used to, for both us and users. There will always be an element of confusion at the outset, we're prepared for that and we've got number of avenues and material to address it.

In regard to your question..
    Is Premier going to fix these issues with patches/updates or like normal are we left to spend our time trying to get around your issues with very minimal help?
    What issues are you referring to specifically?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Nicky Wray
    edited October 2018
    Options
    i have a specific question, how do you stop Payroll Premier 2018/2019 branch number defaulting to 001 when it has to be 000 to make the STP report acceptable or do you just have to remember to change it every time?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Options
    At this stage yes, you need to change it manually. The devs have advised me that the GovConnect STP portal will be updated to address that.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Veronique Sacco
    Veronique Sacco Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Where do you find this branch number.  I am having issues with lodging as it is saying I have Invalid Company Information.  I have checked our company details on ABN lookup and entered our company name in capitals as it is displayed on the ABN lookup but it is still not working.  Did I have to amend the details prior to processing the payroll?  Can I just process today which loads the YTD or do I need to keep stuggling to try to get last weeks through before processing todays payroll?
  • Nicky Wray
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi Veronique, in Payroll Premier, for the branch number, go to File, Prefernces, then Files right at the bottom. If you click on that, the branch number is in there. If you want it to be 000 you have to change it every time you do a payrun because it defaults back to zero when you close the program. I found you can amend the details after the payrun but you have to get a new STP report (Reports, Single Touch Payroll, Process STP reports. It will take a while while the system changes itself to "Date Paid" Unless you are already in "Date paid" mode. Hope this helps and the very best of luck
  • Veronique Sacco
    Veronique Sacco Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Thanks Nicky, success.  You are a legend.
  • Nicky Wray
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi Veronique, I meant to say it defaults back to 001. I am really pleased it worked for you.