Payroll premier vs Reckon Hosted - is it as good?

Stephen Thompson
Stephen Thompson Member Posts: 2
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
We have been using Payroll premier for 20 years but wondering if Reckon Hosted is good enough for our payroll now and if so can we copy over the history data

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    I have no problem with Reckon hosted for payroll and if you’re paying for 2 programs it’s certainly cheaper to just use one. I used Quick Payroll, then Elite Payroll for 20 years also, and whilst any new software is a bit of a learning curve it’s just as easy once you get there .
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Stephen

There are experts on this community who are excellent at exporting to excel and importing to another program, not sure if this is possible with payroll premier as I am not familiar with it, but if it has export to IIF you should be able to bring your lists, employees, payroll items etc.

Search the community for 'export payroll premier to hosted" or similar or re: post as export title see if one of the experts responds.
  • Simone Farrell_10599168
    Simone Farrell_10599168 Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2020
    Hi Kevin,
    Can you tell me the differences between Payroll Premier and Payroll in Reckon Hosted. I have been using Payroll Premier for well over 10 years. From what I can gather the difference is mainly the timesheets (which I don't use) and the termination process. Am I correct? Now that we have to report for Jobkeeper, Payroll Premier won't give me that option but Reckon Hosted will. Just tossing up my options and figured it can't hurt to ask an expert.
    Simone
  • Simone Farrell_10599168
    Simone Farrell_10599168 Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2020
    Wow Kevin, that is great response and exactly what i was thinking. The only thing I was worried about switching over was the Termination aspect for redundancy's and whole of income cap info. If Reckon Hosted is the same the I would switch for sure. What do you think?
  • Paul O'Driscoll
    Paul O'Driscoll Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2020
    I would like to see Reckon Accounts Premier 2019 to adopt Payroll Premiers ability to pay in multiple weeks not just 1,2,4. We have issues at Christmas with staff taking 3 weeks leave.