Payroll Summary in Reckon One

Stuart Wright
Stuart Wright Member Posts: 25
edited April 2020 in Reckon One
Its tax time and we need to lodge our payroll summary. Am I in the right place if I got through the Payroll | Payment Summaries menu? I click on add, I'm not able to give it a valid reference.
I am then able to (via drafts) view and email (and I assume print if required) the employee payment summary, but I am not able to lodge the documents - they remain in draft form and nothing points to a lodgement.
Is there a section missing to this view still?

Comments

• Sharon Towes
    Sharon Towes Alumni Posts: 23
    edited July 2017
    Hi Stuart, we have added a new tab to the payment summaries menu called annual report.  From here you can create an EMPDUPE file to lodge manually.  This will be included in the next release which should be happening sometime today.
  • Rebecca Miller
    Rebecca Miller Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2016
    Hi Sharon has this happened yet? as I am still having the same trouble as above user.
  • Sharon Towes
    edited December 2016
    Hi Rebecca, the release has been held up due to an unrelated environmental issue.  At this stage it looks like it will be tomorrow now.  Very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
  • Stephanie_8341862
    Stephanie_8341862 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2016
    Hi Sharon, is this release available yet? I am in the same position as the original poster - I can view the drafts and have emailed and printed the employees' summaries (which worked perfectly) but I can't lodge anything yet.
  • Sharon Towes
    edited December 2016
    Hi Stephanie, yes, if you go into payment summaries menu there is a new item called annual report.  You can create the EMPDUPE file there.
  • Stuart Wright
    edited July 2016
    Sharon, can you perhaps post some screenshots of this as I have not be able to follow the above instructions up until Tuesday night.
  • Sharon Towes
    edited December 2016
    Hi Stuart 

From the payment summaries menu you should be able to see Annual report next to ETP.  Click the Add button and select the financial year.  An EMPDUPE file will be created as part of this process.  How this is saved depends on your browser - you will either be asked to specify where it's saved or it will show as a link in the bottom of the web page.  Once you have saved it you will have to manually upload it to the ATO site as we haven't implemented any functionality to lodge it for you yet.  After it's lodged you can mark it as lodged by clicking on the line in grid below.  This also gives you a summary of the INB and ETP payment summaries included:

• Stuart Wright
    edited July 2016
    Hi Sharon
    Well this is embarrassing. I have two problems. I have marked my report as lodged and cannot delete it or reproduce the EMPDUPE file. 
    My other problem is under the INB section I have created the report but it stays in draft mode - it won't let me lodge it any which way. The only thing I can do is delete it.
    1. unexpected error creating annual report - perhaps because there already is one.
    2.Unable to change INB report from draft mode.

• Sharon Towes
    edited December 2016
    Hi Stuart,

We are intending to add a "Make draft" button for SuperStream so I think we should add one for payment summaries as well.  That won't be quick enough to solve your problem though.  Can you give me your book name and we can change the status for you in the database.  

We don't have a lodge button for INB or ETP payment summaries yet.  I am looking into that currently.  If you mark the annual report that includes those summaries as lodged is there any need to mark the INB/ETP batches as lodged as well or is that just double the work?  I'm thinking we may need to hide the status for those.  Let me know what you think.

• Amit_8296077
    Amit_8296077 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2016

Hi Sharon,

I also get same results as Stuart; How do I actually download the EMPDUPE file ?

I am new to Reckon and new Small Business

Thanks

amit

• Sharon Towes
    edited December 2016
    Hi Amit, 

The EMPDUPE file is created and saved as part of the process when you add the annual report for the year.  At this point you should save it somewhere to upload later.  Don't mark it as lodged until you have uploaded it.  If you didn't save it as part of the adding process, delete it annual report and create it again making sure you save the file.  If you still have problems I recommend you give support a call. 
  • Glenn Humphreys
    Glenn Humphreys Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2016
    Hi Sharon - I am also getting an unexpected error when creating the annual report.  It seems to be totalling the tax withheld but not the gross payments.  That's the only thing I can see that's unusual.  I'm just trying to create an Empdupe file so I can lodge it via the tax agent portal.  Any ideas?

• Sharon Towes
    edited December 2016
    Hi Glenn, we didn't include the gross amount total in the list of payment summary types but the EMPDUPE file will have all the information you require.  You can see the gross amount by employee if you click on the lines.  We will look at adding the total of the gross amount in addition to the tax value soon.
  • Glenn Humphreys
    edited July 2016
    Thanks Sharon, sounds good, but with the unexpected error message I'm not getting to the empdupe file creation stage?
  • Sharon Towes
    edited December 2016
    Sorry Glenn, didn't realise you couldn't create the report.  I will have to get one of our developers to look into this.  Can you give me your cashbook name please?
  • Amit_8296077
    edited July 2016

Hi Sharon,

I get the same error as Glenn; My book name = AB Foods Family Trust

Thanks,

amit

• Alicia Anderson
    Alicia Anderson Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2016
    How do I save the EMPDUPE locally to my computer?  The only folders available to me are the online ones associated with my account.  Thanks for your help!
  • Sharon Towes
    edited December 2016
    Hi Amit and Glenn, we have one bug outstanding that may be related to the problems you are having.  If the ABN number you have saved in the general settings area has spaces it will cause an error.  Can you check if this is case for you?  If it is, remove the spaces and try the report again. Thanks.
  • Amit_8296077
    edited July 2016

Worked like a charm now :)

Thanks for that; we will wait once the next changes are released so we can change status from Draft to Lodged

Cheers,

amit

• Glenn Humphreys
    edited July 2016
    Thanks Sharon - all good!!
  • Sharon Towes
    edited December 2016
    How do I save the EMPDUPE locally to my computer?  The only folders available to me are the online ones associated with my account.  Thanks for your help!
    Hi Alicia, are you using Reckon One payroll or Reckon Accounts Hosted?

• Stephanie_8341862
    edited July 2017
    Hi Sharon,

I am a new user and created my individual payment summaries using the Year To Date function. This worked perfectly for the individual reports, but when I try to use Annual Report to create an EMPDUPE file, it tells me "there's nothing here yet" and when I try to add a line, nothing shows up.
  • Sharon Towes
    edited December 2016
    Hi Stephanie, this is a bug which we will get onto straight away.  Will keep you posted.
  • Stephanie_8341862
    edited August 2016
    Hi Sharon,
    Is there any progress on this bug, or a way I can work around it?
    Thanks very much!
  • Sharon Towes
    edited December 2016
    Hi Stephanie, we have done the fix but haven't released it yet.  We are aiming to release first thing Monday morning (all going to plan).  Sorry that this has been delayed so long.
  • Sharon Towes
    edited December 2016
    Hi Stephanie, the fix has been released so you should be able to create your EMPDUPE file now.
  • Stuart Wright
    edited August 2016
    Hi Sharon
    Sorry, I didn't reply to you 3 weeks ago - Koroit Belly Dance Inc is the book name.
    I don't think there is a need to mark INB/ETP payments as lodged other than neatness. Hiding would be OK IMHO.
    Stuart
    Hi Stuart, 
    We are intending to add a "Make draft" button for SuperStream so I think we should add one for payment summaries as well.  That won't be quick enough to solve your problem though.  Can you give me your book name and we can change the status for you in the database.  
    We don't have a lodge button for INB or ETP payment summaries yet.  I am looking into that currently.  If you mark the annual report that includes those summaries as lodged is there any need to mark the INB/ETP batches as lodged as well or is that just double the work?  I'm thinking we may need to hide the status for those.  Let me know what you think.
  • Sharon Towes
    edited December 2016
    Hi Stuart, sorry I just found the email with your response.  We've updated your payment summary annual report to draft status today.  I agree about not needing the status on INB/ETP payment summaries.  We will get the screens updated to remove this.  Thanks for your input.
  • ERIN_8770088
    ERIN_8770088 Member Posts: 28
    edited June 2017
    I am new at creating payment summaries, but seem to have found the area where i need to be to do so, i like the very first comment above can manage to create the summaries but dont have any where to lodge them nor do i have the annual report tab, not sure of the page that was posted above (see below) is derived from either. what am i missing please? image
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Hi Erin,

Check out our new video on payment summaries and creating the EMPDUPE file in Reckon One HERE

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• ERIN_8770088
    edited June 2017
    ok great i have been able to watch the video, only query i have is when it comes up with the file that my browser saves and to open it using notepad it doesnt look anything like what the video shows. The video shows a file from the Australian Government mine is a basic notepad format is it still ok.

• ERIN_8770088
    edited June 2017
    Can you also confirm that the payment summaries that Reckon ONe creates are what can be sent to the ATO, as opposed to filling out the pink form that the ATO sends to companies?

• ERIN_8770088
    edited June 2017
    Hi im just wanting to know if you can confirm that the payment summaries that Reckon ONe creates are what can be sent to the ATO, as opposed to filling out the pink form that the ATO sends to companies?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2017
    Hi Erin,

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

I'm not familiar with the pink form you're referring to, that might be a question for your accountant but in regard to Reckon One, the payment summaries are not sent to the ATO but rather the Payment Summaries Annual Report (EMPDUPE file). This is generated in Reckon One.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• ERIN_8770088
    edited June 2017
    Hi , the pink forms are the ones from the ATO, i will run the report tomorrow and see if EMPDUPE file looks anything like what the video one did, when i ran it the other the formt wasn no where near the videos one it was a notepad with basic text, that was my original query with it .

• Rachel Hardy
    Rachel Hardy Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2017
    Hi Everyone, it was my first time lodging the annual payment summaries online and I found the combination of the Reckon and the ATO 'How To' videos really helpful....see below:

Reckon Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bjf-rYDr40
    ATO Video: http://tv.ato.gov.au/ato-tv/media?v=bd1bdiubfhts1x

Can anyone tell me though how I mark the INB Summaries as lodged? The annual payment summary is marked lodged, but I can't for the life on me find how to mark the INB ones.
  • Simon Hutchinson_8164484
    Simon Hutchinson_8164484 Alumni Posts: 135
    edited July 2017
    Hi Rachel

At the moment you are unable to mark these payment summaries as lodged (yes, despite their being a lodged tab). It will be getting added soon.

Thanks

Simon
  • Rachel Hardy
    Rachel Hardy Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2017
    Thanks so much Simon