Payroll Tax Table Update for 1 July 2020

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • (Edited)
Hi there,

Is the Tax Table Update available for 20/21 yet? I can't see the section I usually find on the webpage for Reckons Accounts Premier Desktop where I order the DVD to be sent out with the tax table update.
Thanks
Photo of Rosie

Rosie

• 1,526 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 58,426 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Rose are you referring to PAYG tax? There are no changes. The STSL threshold are changing.
Photo of Rosie

Rosie

• 1,526 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Yes. There is usually a tax table update that is released by Reckon that needs to be installed before the first pay each year. Reckon popped up with a prompt to remind me so I thought I had better check.
Photo of Sari

Sari

• 376 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rosie,
I too saw the pop up but I am thinking it's just an inbuild reminder. It appears there are no changes to the tax tables and thresholds, but I am keen to see what reckon releases.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 105,434 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi all,
There's some info in the article I've linked below on the changes coming to Reckon Accounts 2020 along with the tax table update. They are due for release this week within the next couple of days.

What's New - Reckon Accounts 2020 R2

Hi Henry

You don’t need to install any updates on Hosted – Reckon does them.

There are now links to detailed instructions along with a new “Launch Accounts 2020 R2” button when you login to Hosted where you can have RAH “Update” your data file for use in 2020 R2.

NOTE: You cannot revert back to a previous version once your file has been opened (updated) to/into R2.

As per the instructions, you should generate & print some financial reports (eg P&L, Balance Sheet) from your current (R1) version file - for comparison, post-update - & always “Verify” & “Backup” the current file before updating.  

Shaz Hughes Dip(Fin) ACQ NSW, MICB

Reckon Accredited Professional Partner Bookkeeper / Registered BAS Agent (No: 92314 015)

Accounted 4 Bookkeeping Services

Ballajura, WA

0422 886 003

shazinoz2@bigpond.com

www.accounted4bs.com

Photo of Paul Foley

Paul Foley

• 60 Points
OK - so what is the answer about Tax Tables for July1, 2020 (FY2021)? Are we getting an update file? We're running Reckon Accounts Premier (Desktop) Accountant Edition 2019 R2P. Thanks!
Photo of Kris Williams

Kris Williams

• 12,090 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
The normal tax scales didn’t change, refer to Kevin’s post above
Photo of Lance Arthy

Lance Arthy

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Paul Foley. 

Even though there aren't any tax changes there is a new tax table. It will be in your account.

Go to this page https://members.reckon.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fdefault.aspx

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 58,426 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Paul you need to upgrade to Reckon 2020 before you can load any new tax tables. Is your subscription up to date?