Payroll Transaction Report

Options
Rosie
Rosie Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
I am after a report that shows the total paid to an employee for the Financial Year (or any selected period) for each payroll items. I have found that if I use the Payroll Transaction Detail Report and add in QTY this gives me the information I need but its a bit too much detail. I don't need a row for each pay, I just need one line per type.

The reason I need this is for calculating long service liability so I need total hours worked under each payroll type.

Is there a way I can get a report like this that I am not aware of.

The MYOB version of this report was the MYOB Payroll Summary if that helps.

Thanks, Rosie

Comments

• Kerrie Cox_6962438
    Kerrie Cox_6962438 Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hi there Rosie

Run the Payroll Summary Report and it will give you info required.

Kerrie

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The payroll summary, filtered by the one name, will give you all those details.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi Rosie,

I use Payroll summary report and filter for the names of the employees I want listed.

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Rosie.  You seem to have two posts going on this today, each from one year ago.  In a separate post today you appear to have responded to my answer a year ago with the following:

"Hi John, Yes it does but its not in a printable format as its such a long report. 

Thanks"

I take it that you want this report to include every employee, hence the reason that you are saying that the report is too long.  12 months ago I responded as follows, and it seems that your latest post refers to this reply of mine back then:

"Hi Rosie.  The report "Payroll Summary" and then set Columns to "Employee" instead of "Total" should provide you with the information that you are after - doesn't it?"

I presume that when you say the report is too long, it is because it is printing all of the employees across the page, and if you have a lot of employees, that would be a fair comment.  I have a further suggestion for you.  Having run the report that I and others have suggested, I suggest that you then export this to an excel spreadsheet.  You could then narrow all of the columns right down so that barely any info shows, apart from the hours which is what you are after.  Print this off in landscape mode and it should take up much less space.  You could even filter the report to only report on the payroll "salary" type transactions with "hours" that you want included.
    There does not seem to be any other alternative report that can be produced within Reckon to cater for what you are after.
    John L G
  • Rosie
    Rosie Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi John,

Thanks, yes I found that found after I had already set this one up. I forgot I had posted that two years ago.

We have approximately 200 staff so there lies the problem that it doesn't print well. I think I am just fond of the MYOB report that printed each employee separately with the info of hours and $ per payroll category and it printed portrait instead of landscape so it was much easier to print with no adjustment needed. I guess this is just a downfall of this are of reporting within Reckon and I can work around it by exporting to excel as you have suggested.

Thanks for your reply.
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It is not a downfall of Reckon, it is simply a different way of reporting.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Thanks for your response Rosie.  Here's hoping that this is one way that you can overcome this limitation within Reckon.  I can understand your dilemma, having 200 staff.
    John L G