Payroll deductions report error - Reckon Accounts

Options
Katrina_6836989
Katrina_6836989 Member Posts: 9
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I process salary packaging payments for our employees using a payroll deduction item. For some reason, Reckon Accounts has started randomly assigning this deduction amount to Deductions-Gross and Deductions-Net in the Payroll Totals report (it should be gross). I even re-ran the report using the same dates as last payrun (because I have a hard copy of that report) and some deductions have moved from Gross to Net.

Comments

• Jamaiel_6490508
    Jamaiel_6490508 Reckon Staff Posts: 74 Reckon Staff
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hi Katrina,

Welcome to Reckon Community!

With regards to your query, the report for Payroll Totals specifically for Deduction-Gross and Deduction-Net will be reported in such a way if your Payroll Item is setup with PAYG Tax ticked and unticked accordingly. Go to List | Payroll Item List and find the Deduction Item and see how it is configured.

If the amounts should be reported under Deduction-Gross, then check the details and have the PAYG Tax ticked. To correct them (if issue persist), do a Verify and Rebuild Data under File | Utilitites afterwards otherwise, you may have to refresh the paycheques.

Hope it helps!

Kind Regards,

Jamaiel
  • Katrina_6836989
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi Jamaiel

I checked the payroll item and it's set up correctly. All of the deductions use the same payroll item, which is why I can't understand why some of the deductions are coming up as net and some gross.

I then Verified and Rebuilt my data file but it hasn't made any difference. When you say "refresh the paycheques," do you mean I have to delete and re-enter them?

Thanks

Katrina
  • Jamaiel_6490508
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hi Katrina,

Just to clarify, when you say setup correctly,  your Deduction Item is setup with the PAYG Tax unticked?

Moreover, if you open the Payroll Totals report again, are you able to zoom in on the amount for the Ded-Net? If so, double-click on it again and open the Paycheque in question. Click on the Paycheque Detail... and try the following below. Before starting, create a backup of your file first.
    1. See the Deduction Item used on the Paycheque to see if it is correct
    2. If correct, and setup is correct as well, then "Refresh the paycheque"
    3. First, take note of the amount and details of the pay
    4. Then Unlock Net Pay
    5. Then, remove the Deduction Item and tab to the next line
    6. Return to the previous line and place the Deduction Item and amount again
    7. Click OK and Save & Close
    Check the report if any changes occur.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jamaiel
  • Katrina_6836989
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi Jamaiel

The deduction item is set up with the PAYG Tax ticked because it's to be reported under Deductions - Gross (as you said in the previous reply).

I tried refreshing the paycheques as you described and it seems to have fixed it.

Thanks for your help!

Katrina
  • Jamaiel_6490508
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Katrina,

Ah yes. With the refresh, I am glad that it had fixed the report.

Let us know if you require more assistance, for new topics, please start a new thread unless of similar case.

Thank you.

Jamaiel