Payroll Premier 2014/15: Employee number range for long employee numbers from previous versions

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Since upgrading to Payroll Premier 2014/15 the program has been giving errors about employee numbers not fitting in the 1-9999 range. In the past we had used parts of the employee number to identify things about the employee which has made all of the numbers have more than four digits.

Now, every time the program is started we have to press OK to each record that it finds with a number outside of this range. We are also unable to enter custom numbers as we used to do which has changed the whole way we have to organise our systems.

Is there anything that can be done to resolve either of these issues?
Photo of Nathan

Nathan

  • 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

  • 1
Photo of vinia

vinia, Employee

  • 1,114 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Hello Nathan,

Thank you for using the Reckon Community.

This issue is being investigated, question though. This file that has number over 9999 have you created them yourself or have you imported them employee list from another program? 

I did get another customer with the same issue but the error came up during the upgrade - so we just continuously clicked ok to as many times as it shows then upgrade went through anyway. And when we open the file to 14/15. we didn't get the error anymore keeping them employee numbers higher than 9999 as the program requires.

We are gathering as much information we can get so we can send more reports to our Product Development team, but as of the moment there is no resolution yet.

We do Apologise for the inconvenience.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind Regards,

Vinia  



Photo of Nathan

Nathan

  • 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the reply. The IDs were created ourselves in the previous version of Payroll Premier. We've finally managed to press OK to the individually (a few thousand records took a long time) which makes the program usable now.

The fact that it now automatically creates the IDs is still an issue for us but we're working around it by trying to use another data field to hold the information that the user ID used to do for us. I can see why it now automatically increments as far as database integrity is concerned, but it would have been nice to have this an option to help with backwards compatibility.