PAYROLL PREMIER DELETING TERMINATED EMPLOYEE

Options
Mal_6851026
Mal_6851026 Member Posts: 5
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

When I terminate an employee on Payroll Premier 2013/14 they literally disappear. They are not on the terminated employees list nor do they appear on the pay reports for the financial year. Can someone help me out with this? I should point out that the terminated employee appears after the termination process & only disappears when I close & open payroll premier.

Comments

• Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Mal,

Thanks for joining the community.

In regards to this case it looks like you may have re-instated this employee which is why they are no longer displaying on the terminated employees list.

If you have reinstated this employee as "Returning to Company" this will return the employee to the company as a new employee and delete all historical pays.

If this has happened you will need to restore a backup to retrieve that employees history.

To confirm please check your list of employees to see if you have that employee that has returned but with no historical pays.

-Alex
  • Mal_6851026
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply.

I hadn't reinstated the employee, I'd only terminated them.

I spoke to Reckon support who had me delete the QCompany.tps file & then perform rebuilds but the problem still occurs.

When I restore from the backup the employee is there, it's only when I close & then open Payroll Premier that the employee completely disappears.

I have a payrun tomorrow & intend to restore the backup & then process the pays & see what happens after that.

Thank you again for your help.

Mal

• Alex Tan
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Mal,

Could it be possible that you have duplicate data files for the same company file?

When closing and reopening Payroll Premier, it usually remembers the last company file that was opened and this memory can sometimes remember the wrong company file. If you have a duplicate data file it can be very confusing.

Have a look to see if you have any duplicate data files in this location
    C:\QPRollV22\Data

If you do, open them one by one to see the contents of each data file and check.

-Alex
  • Mal_6851026
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hi Alex,

I couldn't see any duplicated data files.

I went ahead with my idea to restore the last backup file which had everything correct after the termination was processed & then did my pay run. The pay run processed ok but when I finished not only did that terminated employee disappear again but there is no record of the pay run I had just done.

I run 3 companies on Payroll Premier & there are no issues with the other 2 companies.

Should I maybe set up the problem company as a new company & restore the last good backup to that?

Thank you

Mal

• Alex Tan
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Mal,

Please try the following.

Terminate an employee and make sure they are displaying on the Terminated List.
    Once confirmed to be on the terminated list please go ahead and create a backup of the current datafile.
    Close payroll premier, reopen payroll premier and restore that backup you made.

If the terminated employee did not show up please try the following.and perform a Rebuild on your datafile to see if this resolves the issue.
    Have your datafile open.
    Click on File, go to "Rebuild Data Files".
    Go through the wizard to create your backup and save your reports (optional).
    Once you are at the "Rebuild Data Files" screen tick the following.

-Rebuild Record Positions and Keys
    -Fix Invalid Employee Records
    -Fix Invalid Pay Records
    -Fix Or Remove Invalid Other Records
    -Recalculate YTD Figures
    -Recalculate Leave
    -Recalculate Banking
    -Recalculate Pay Allowances.
    *Do not tick Rebuild Super/Change Super Percentage.

Let the rebuild run through and do not click anywhere in the program. Once completed check again to see if the employee has reappeared or not.

Hopefully the terminated employee will appear this time.

-Alex
  • Mal_6851026
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Alex,

As it turns out your earlier suggestion of a duplicated data file appears to be correct.

When opening this particular company it's always used C:\QPRollV22\Data\COOLBR~4.QPW but now it goes to C:\QPRollV22\Data\CBR WA070514.QPW.

Now CBR WA070514.QPW has the correct data & shows the terminated employee but the file name is actually the name I use when I do a backup so I'm not sure how it became a data file.

Any suggestions on how I should deal with this?

Thanks for your help.

Mal

• Alex Tan
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Mal,

To resolve this issue please delete this file. (Payroll will need to be closed)
    C:\QPRollV22\Data\QCompany.TPS

When the file is deleted re-open Payroll Premier and browse to the file "CBR WA070514.QPW".

Now each time you open Payroll it should remember the last company file that was opened.

It would be a good idea if you can remove that company file with the incorrect data. You could move it to another location or delete it.

By deleting the QCompany.TPS file it resets the memory of Payroll Premier so if this occurs again you can delete this file in order to reset the memory of Payroll Premier.

-Alex
  • Mal_6851026
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Alex,

That appears to have fixed the problem.

Thank you for all your help.

Mal

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017