Payroll Tax is not set up properly

Kate D
Kate D Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Our payroll tax does not appear to be set up correctly.

It does not have a 'Payable To' listed and when I edit the payroll tax item there is no where to include this information (and Reckon Help seems indicate that there should be somewhere to include this).  The "tax tracking" also says None although this item does appear to be correctly set up as a payroll tax item (in type it says "Payroll Tax").  Again, when I select edit nothing appears where I can alter this.

We have a separate expense item set up which doesn't appear to track anything.

I need Payroll tax to show up in Custom Liability Payments as I now need to pay it regularly.

Please help :-)

Comments

• Kevin V. Russell
    Kevin V. Russell Member Posts: 265
    edited June 2015
    Are you talking about payroll tax or payg tax? Call me Kevin 0407744914
  • Kate D
    edited November 2016
    State Payroll Tax
  • Kevin V. Russell
    edited June 2015
    How did you set up the payroll tax item?
  • Kate D
    edited November 2016
    I believe it was set up by the person who previously did our bookkeeping when they first implemented Reckon in 2000.  We haven't worried about it previously as for most of that time we were under the payroll tax threshold.
  • Kevin V. Russell
    edited June 2015
    Check the setup of the item. What does it say?
  • Kevin V. Russell
    edited June 2015
    Hi Kate. Do you know how Payroll tax operates? Ring me Kevin t: 0407744914
  • Abbie Huxley
    Abbie Huxley Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2017
    Hi Kate,  

Did you ever get an answer to this problem? I have the same problem.  Recently had to make a one off payment to SRO Victoria for Payroll Tax for last financial year & will now need to track & pay it ongoing.  I cannot edit my Payroll Item for State Payroll Tax.  I need to record the one off payment & also know that it will work going forward. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Abbie
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Abbie, are you using Reckon Accounts or Payroll Premier? Which year/version are you using?
  • Kate D
    edited November 2016
    Hi Abbie,

No I never got an answer.

It appears that you can't set Payroll Tax up in the same way that you set up say Super payments or payments to the ATO as a custom liability in your payroll.

My workaround has been using the write cheques function and/or bills functionality to write a cheque to the state revenue office for the amount paid and use an expense account I called payroll tax.

Doesn't fix the issue, but I can see what I've paid.  Wish I could be more help!!!
  • Abbie Huxley
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Kate,

That's what I was thinking of doing to log the one off payment but was hoping to get it working properly so that I can use the report functions in future to calculate what I need to pay.  If I have any luck I will keep you posted...
  • Abbie Huxley
    edited February 2015
    Reckon Accounts Pro 2014
  • Kate D
    edited November 2016
    The report works it just takes a bit of tweaking to get it to work properly. You need to set all the payroll items that need to be included to actually be included in state payroll tax. Then you need set all employees to have the right state so they are included. The report is called state payroll tax summary. I think it's in the employees reports section. It calculates properly although ld double check it against your employee earnings summary report until you're sure (we found one super item that wasn't configured properly doing this check). You still need to use the write cheques to make the payment from what I can tell, at least I do anyway, but the report makes working it out much quicker. Hope that makes sense!