payslip

Shanlin
Shanlin Member Posts: 12
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
We pay an employee at the end of month monthly, the March payslip shows her available Annual Leave is 5.33hrs and Accrued is 13.33hrs.  She took 2 days (16hrs) AL in April.   the correct leave details in her payslip 30/04 should be available AL 2.66hrs and Accrued is 13.33hrs,  but when the payslip was printed out, it shows available AL is 16hrs and accrued is 13.33Hrs. I couldn't understand how it is calculated?  Is it possible I need to set up somewhere as the new financial year starts to correct the mistake?

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Shanlin

Hosted occasionally has accrued leave issue, to fix a client in the end I had to reset all staff A/L create a payrun, then manually put back all A/L.

Before you get to this stage try a couple of things:-

• Rebuild & verify the file (this is a must if anything is wrong)
    • check all the leave liability reports against each other
    • Check what is actually on the employee card > leave tab, and see if this is different to the payslip.
    If you want to send me some reports & a payslip for further assistance please email me at: Kim@kwikbooks.com.au 
  • Shanlin
    edited May 2019
    Hi Kim,

Thanks for your reply.  I have manually reset the employee's leave at 1/04/2019 and the transaction is correct now.  My reasoning:
    at 31/03/19, the employee's available AL is 5.33hrs and Accrued is 13.33hrs. when the system transfers to the new financial year, the available AL automatically changes to 18.67hrs, and accrued is still at 13.33hrs per pay.  therefore I reset the available leave to 5.33hrs at 1/04/2019 and the payslip printout is correct.
    I thought of it several times and feel it is reasonable, but in normal situation, we don't need to manually adjust it at each beginning of financial year. 

edited April 2020
    leave should not reset normally every year it continues, check you haven't ticked the box on the card saying reset every year and a date
  • Shanlin
    edited May 2019
    It is strange for me, if payroll person forgets to adjust it at the beginning of financial year, then the staff will automatically have extra 13.33hrs leave.

I checked my setting, the reset hours each new year wasn't ticked, even it is ticked, the new year here means the new employed year not the financial year.
    edited April 2020
    sounds like the accrual isn't correct, leave should not need to be adjusted at all never mind every year