Payslip details

Carleen
Carleen Member Posts: 33
I am using Enterprise 2018, i have a question in regards to when i print a payslip and choose Standard Payslip under the header Super Fund Name it says "Australian Taxation Office", i would like to know what do i have to change for this to show each staff members Super Fund Name? Where does this window draw its information?

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    HI Carleen.  That information comes from the Employee Record under the Payroll & Compensation info tab and then the Super Details tab.  One of your options in that area has been apparently set up to the ATO instead of the Fund's name.
    John L G
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2020
    Hi Carleen - I have a different thought than John around this.  When I looked at one of my clients files - I could see that the name we use for the Payable To field of the super item was showing on the payslip - we use Super Clearing House and I expect thats why yours is showing as Aust Tax Office (check this field on all your super items)...

The alternative to this is to 1) make sure in the Payroll & Compensation Info drop down - under the Super Tab - that you enter details into the Fund Scheme field - eg I use short names such as MLC SUPER, AUST SUPER, HOSTPLUS, etc...  then 2) for the Template you are using (which I am guessing is the Standard Payslip template) go into the layout designer and go to Additional Customisation - un-tick the Super Fund name, but tick the Fund Scheme field and replace the header label with Super Fund Name.  Save this - check the layout designer and adjust the positioning of the field if required... this should solve your issue but still allow you to use the Payable to: field of each super item to easily create a single payroll liability cheque when recording your payment to the clearing house.  Hope this makes sense?  Cheers Linda
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hi Linda.  I will accept your solution as being the best in this circumstance and thank you for bringing this to Carleen's attention.  I follow a similar system (in part) to you, but use customised pay slips.  As such, in the payslip "Description of Payment detail" it shows as SGC and the Fund Name, whereas as further down, it shows the Small Business Super Clearing House as being the Agency Name to which the payment is made.
    John L G
  • Carleen
    edited March 2020
    Thanks John for your help.
  • Carleen
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Linda i really appreciate you taking the time to explain your solutions so clearly. I will take it on board and give it a go.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited November 2018
    No worries Carleen - I actually do the same as John - I leave the Super Clearing House as the name at the bottom of the payslip because all my Super payroll items clearly say the name of the super fund etc further up the payslip...Cheers!