Payslip Emailing Issue

Erin_9843290
Erin_9843290 Member Posts: 1
I am having an issue with emailing. I go to email payslips, after selecting the correct dates, it then goes through to email forms section which comes up blank.

Attached images show the dates selected, how many payslips ready to send and then the blank list that shows after selecting "OK" in the Select Pays Slips to Email window.

This issue has just started. I have not changed any settings in either Reckon (Accounts Premier Edition 2018 Desktop) or Outlook.

Can anyone please help? It's driving me insane and I have a lot of unhappy employees not receiving their payslip.

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    HI Erin.  It is quite likely that there is a corrupted pay slip within your listing, potentially the first one.  I suggest that you try emailing one at a time until you come across the one that is corrupted which will not send.  Or to expand on this, don't select the first one, but say select the next five, and see what happens then.  In other words, select a reduced number of pay slips, instead of the full lot.
    John L G
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited November 2018
    Hi Erin,

The problem you're encountering is likely a data corruption issue.

A particular payslip(s) has become corrupted at some stage and has then caused the emailing functionality for future payslips to show as blank in the "Send Forms" screen.

To fix the issue you will need to ensure the following is completed:

1. Go to File > Send Forms.

2. If you have other forms to sent (eg Invoices, Remittance Advices), send those forms OR delete them if you do not want to send them.

3. Exit the Select Forms to Send window.  This will delete the first corrupt email.

4. Create a flag file to use as an end-of-list marker in Send Forms to Email list:

a. Create a dummy employee with print method set to Email;

b. Process one pay for a date later than the current payslips;

c. Prepare a Payment Summary to email for the dummy employee;

d. When this email appears in the Send Forms to Email list you will know you have reached the end of the list and that there are no more corrupt emails. 

5. Go to send another email:  File > Send Forms > then click ESC. The next corrupt email will be deleted.

6. Go to Send Forms to Email again. Can you see the email for the dummy employee?  

a. If Yes, all corrupt emails have been deleted;

b. If No, there are still more corrupt emails to delete. Repeat Step 4 until the newly created email is visible.

6. Repeat Step 5 as many times as needed until you see you see the email for your dummy employee.  You may need to repeat these steps as many times as the number of employees in your list.

7. Recreate all other employees’ payslips to Email and Send. Delete your dummy employee’s pays and profile.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kim Herriman
    Kim Herriman Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2019
    We're having the same issue - however, I've tried file/send forms/esc at least 100 or so times and nothing is coming up. Thoughts?