Payslips from Accounts hosted 2015

Atiya
Atiya Member Posts: 14
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
I have recently upgraded to Accounts Hosted 2015. I am unable to send the payslips from the programme somehow. It goes through the whole process but payslips are not received by the employees. Please help

Comments

• Atiya
    edited June 2015
    No I guess as it is received from accounts hosted employees are not checking their junk box. I guess I liked Cathy's idea of doing bcc to me. Thanks
  • Robin_7036558
    Robin_7036558 Member Posts: 38
    edited January 2017
    Hi Atiya,
    This problem of Payslips & remittance advices not arriving (at random) has been ongoing for over 9 months now.
    Reckon are aware of the problem but have no solution.
    My business has suffered a lot of disgruntled employees and incorrectly allocated Supplier payments due to this ongoing issue.
  • Atiya
    edited June 2015
    Hi Robin
    I have 50 employees and couple of hundred suppliers. I guess I should be prepared to answer few queries now.
  • Robin_7036558
    edited January 2017
    Hi Atiya,
    Yes every fortnight I have to deal with Employees complaining to me that they have not been paid "because I did not get a Payslip" and every month I have suppliers not knowing which Invoices I have paid for, very inconvenient.
  • Robin_7036558
    edited January 2017
    Hi all,
    I just received this feedback from Reckon support, hope it is helpful.

New comment: Sending Invoices by email

Hey Robin,

Thanks for your patience over the past 9 months. Our developers are working towards improving the reliability for Reckon Accounts Hosted email delivery. This will start with an update with the Tax Table update in June. Long term, our developers are investigating the implementation of delivery notification system. This will mean the sender will receive an Undelivered email - when a hosted email fails to send to their recipient. Thank you for your constant feedback over the last 9 months and we hope these changes have a positive affect for your business.

Regards,

Jason Beaven
    Team Leader – Technical Support

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Atiiya (and other respondents....)

I'd be intrigued about the email service in place with Reckon Hosted,  because if the problem is intermittent (as intimated by the above posts),  it almost sounds like an email MTA agent type issue within the 'hosted' server environment.  This is an area of interest I have with dealing with realtime system (cloud or otherwise), as email can be delayed and not processed for any number of reasons, and sometimes overlooked by the 'hosting' party involved.  I'd like to have a dialogue with Jason Beaven  about this aspect.  (I'll attempt an email via Mirko to PSG).

It can be affected by the point of presence position that the AWS server is, in relation to who the emails are trying to reach (ie: the staff).

Atiya:

But meantime,  Atiya has not confirmed/denied  whether the employee records are tagged as "email, Print or both'... a common oversight when people finally get an email address to put unto the employee record,  but still leave the delivery method as 'print'  rather than 'both,  or email'.

Gary Pope
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant  (VIC. Aust)

"Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
          independent IT Professional
    and retired FCPA Accountant"

• gazza73
    edited February 2017
    I've made cross reference to this article at:

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/cannot-email-payslips-from-reckon-account-enterprise

There seems to be an underlying issue here, not just with HOSTED,  but with desktop Enterprise too.  But from the intermittent nature commented by various parties,  it might be the environment of some users or where emails are trying to go to from those servers (be they inhouse or Hosted based)

Gary Pope

• Yittle Kook
    Yittle Kook Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2015
    A day ago I successfully sent out Payment Summaries from one of our companies and then I was unable to send forms from our 2nd company.

It was suggested I go File, Send Forms, Close until it works. It may take 10 times or more.  I was doing this for a long time (probably 100 times) and it didn’t work.  When I called the 2nd time the forms appeared for the consultant I was talking to, BUT when I checked the email was not sent.

I went about my work and did todays Payroll and went to send but the Payslips that come up to send are dated 04/06/2015 and 13/06/2015.  I unticked all the unnecessary Payslips (todays didn't appear at all) and did it many times before calling technical support again only to be told the only thing that will work is the untick, close redo thing.

I AM ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS.  I know it is not the consultants fault but this is ridiculous.  We are a medium sized business with approximately 40 employees and I am wasting time on this totally inferior product.   I will have to look at other software because Reckon is so unreliable.

I also now have the problem with employees ringing to see where their Payment Summary from the 2nd company is.  These employees are overseas now.

Please have someone correct this problem immediately.

Looking for new Software today.

• gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Yittle.

Call me on 0408994799, anytime.  
    (We can return call - no charge, if in Australia, so TEXT to call if preferred).

I'd like to know a little about your HOSTED connection that you refer to, with both your company files, and your above experience.

Gary Pope
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-accounts-clarified/

• gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Yittle.  (Luana)

We spoke on the phone today to followup.   It transpires, that you are running Win7  (no mention of it being 32 or 64, so we assume unpatched 32bit),  and you are running on an ADSL1  connection that you declare is 6kms from the town.   Such a connection needs to be measured in terms of cable length from your premises to the local telephone exchange.  4km of cable length is the theoretical maximum permitted distance before attenuation noise will make the connection unusable.   You may be over that limit.   That said,   you are also most likely to be running a slow connection due to that distance.    I know your town,  and as is typical of many locations throughout Australia,  sometimes the choices of internet connection are limited.  

For the record,  be sure to research availability (speed, capacity, and cost of course)  of alternatives that MAY be, or become available from:

- adsl2/2+
    - cable  (such as Optus or Telstra,  which many think is only for TV, 
      but has internet capabilities that are quite good)
    - NBN (if and when released in the area......)
    - private Fibre, including synchronous options.
        (These are quite dear like $2K/mth and much more)

But avoid 3G/4G because they are costly, and low speed by comparison.  And:  Satellite:  forget that,  for any interactive work such as HOSTED Accounting.   (Satellite is fine for email and  browsing where you ask the question and wait for the result..... eventually).

Having said all that,  often the situation (which I've dealt with many times),  is that you are stuck with the only internet connection available.  The trick then, becomes one of seeing if that can be used in a smarter way,  by adopting all manner of tricks like reducing the data needed to achieve the same transaction,  or daisy-chaining connections to other collaborative users (a feature we've done on farms in remote locations for instance).   The first step though, is understanding WHAT THE PROBLEM IS,  and focus on the exact situation is at your premises.

Take a look at this other forum article, where we've outlined FIVE FACTORS that can affect the experience a user can expect when logging into Reckon Accounts HOSTED that requires a communication link (and all the intervening connection cross traffic impacts) from YOUR PREMISES,  over the link(s), to the server at the Amazon Data Centre (AWS) in Sydney.   

see: https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-host-soooooo-slow-glitchy?topic-reply-list%5Bsetti...

SUGGESTED APPROACH for THIS forum question

1.  Attend a colleague's premises known to be at a good internet connection site and spend an hour logging into HOSTED to do the same work you find troublesome at your premises.  Be mindful, to repeat the test in similar PEAK TIMES to compare apples with apples.  The only difference being:  The better internet connection of your colleague.

2.  Depending on (1),  then explore better internet connection options for your own premises.  As part of that,  start doing some 'traceroute' TESTING of the internet connections at your site.  See the commands and ideas we helped with, on this forum article:
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/30th-june-and-hosted-not-working-again

3.  If (2) is not available,  rethink the idea of running HOSTED  and consider the alternative of using Reckon Accounts ENTERPRISE in house instead. But from a cost point of view, that would require you to have a MS Server 'hosting'  your own ENTERPRISE product.  The ENTERPRISE product has the same features as RA HOSTED that you seem to like and are familiar with.  Explore the options that are open to users of RA HOSTED to test the backup copy of Enterprise that you are familiar with.  You'll need to discuss the cost of licensing depending on users.  I understand that you may be entitled to run the same number of lcenced HOSTED user that you currently subscribe to,  on a ENTERPRISE inhouse server of your own.  (Again, remember:  There is a cost of an MS Server, hardware, licenses and setup).

Hope this helps you move forward with more confidence and understanding now....

Cheers!

Gary Pope
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-accounts-clarified/
    and retired FCPA Accountant"?
  • gazza73
    edited December 2016
    FYI:  This whole EMAIL matter,  is now part of a SUPPORT TICKET:  4628229

Gary