pdf layout problems

accounts_9230494
accounts_9230494 Member Posts: 30
edited February 2020 in Reckon One
When choosing to save the account enquiry report as PDF (in Reckon One) I find that even with most of the fields not ticked and only needing date/type/details and amount,  that although they show up on the screen as fitting across one portrait A4 page, when I download and try to print they have split up into only two fields per page, which is useless to print and read. Without a PDF editor I cannot change anything to make all on one page. Does anyone know if there is any way of manipulating the page/format/orientation before saving or another way to get a useful PDF version of report?

Comments

• Dave_5488107
    Dave_5488107 Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2018
    Have you tried adjusting your Print Preferences just before you hit to print button.  You will most likely find options to 'Fit to page' or reduce printing area so that it fits how you want it.
    I think you'll have more success with that as I doubt it is a Reckon One issue
    Cheers
    Dave
  • accounts_9230494
    edited February 2020
    Thanks for your quick reply Dave, but it is not possible to change the printing area etc with a PDF when it is set up this way i.e the date & type list on LH side of page and all the rest blank, and next page showing the details and amount on RH side and all rest blank. I think that when the report is saved as a PDF it is rendered that way and not editable, even when i have opened it separately after downloading or change to fit to page it doesn't work. I haven't had this issue with any other reports either, so I don't know if i am missing something? Anyway, I have given up and saved as a RTF, opened it as a Word doc and will just use that :) 

• Dave_5488107
    Dave_5488107 Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2018
    You're right.  I'm sorry, I misunderstood the steps in the process that it's already saved as a PDF.
  • Lorraine McKay
    Lorraine McKay Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2018
    You might be able to drag the columns across before exporting or printing in Reports, List Reports

• Mark_9818613
    Mark_9818613 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2018
    I have the same problem.  Many PDF reports split fields across 2 pages.  The default font is huge, and there is no scaling to fit all fields on a single page.  Reports end up being way longer than necessary and with split fields, pretty much unusable.  There is no way of adjusting settings for the PDF generator. Could this please be addressed.

• accounts_9230494
    edited February 2020
    The only way around it i have found is to save as a CSV and then delete the columns you don't need and print from that (or convert to PDF from that if you have the software) but you shouldn't need to do a hack if it was set up properly but i can see no way to render it correctly from what is on offer. The issue seems to be that although you can change the included fields which then changes the amount of columns, but the space for that column remains, meaning even something that has only two or three columns may not fit on the one page either.