pdf printer reckon accounts premier edition 2014

Options
Michael MacGregor
Michael MacGregor Member Posts: 2
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
how do I get it installed. I use to use an older version of QuickBooks but last year I upgraded my computer to one with windows 8 and my pdf converter stopped working. this year I upgraded to reckon accounts in the hope that I would be able to regain this feature with no luck. Just wondering if someone could help me reload the pdf printer

Comments

• Kevin V. Russell
    Kevin V. Russell Member Posts: 265
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi Mike have you looked at the support notes for this issue? Have you checked the printer port on the pdf printer? I know the frustration you are experiencing but this can be fixed. Call me if you think it will help. Kevin t:0407744914
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Michael,

Welcome to the Reckon Community,

Firstly, check the setup of your PDF Converter in Devices & Printers.
    right click the Reckon Accounts V4 PDF Converter, select Printer Properties and then the Ports tab.
    Make sure the RA2014Port is ticked with only Reckon Accounts V4 PDF Converter is assigned to it.

If there is another device assigned to the port, re-assign it to another port.  

If the Reckon Accounts V4 PDF Converter is assigned to another port, assign it to RA2014 Port simply by ticking its box.

If all these are in place and you still have the problem please call Technical Support for further assistance.  

Hope this helps,

regards,
    John
  • Michael MacGregor
    Michael MacGregor Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Hey mate the printer never installed when I first upgraded
  • John G
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Michael,

Hmmm, your PDF converter did not install.  It appears some process on your PC may be preventing it installing.

You will need to uninstall and reinstall your programme in selective startup mode

We suggest you do the following steps:
    1. Uninstall Accounts Business
    2. Empty out your C:\Temp and C:\Windows\Temp folders).
    3. Delete the Reckon Accounts 2014 folders in C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\ and in C:\Program Data\Intuit\
    4. In Devices and Printers, delete all QuickBooks PDF Converters (including all with v3, v303, v4)
    Set your computer to Selective Startup
    • Press: Windows + R key on the keyboard and type: msconfig in the Open box and click OK;
    • In the System Configuration Utility, click the General tab, and then select Selective Startup;
    • Select the Load System Services checkbox and clear the Load Startup Items checkbox;
    • Click the Services tab, locate Windows Installer and make sure it is ticked;
    • Click Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox at the bottom of the window;
    • Click the Disable all button to clear all selected services;
    • Click OK. The System Configuration message window appears.
    Now restart your computer and login with the Built-In Administrator account
    See the KB: Enabling the Built in Administrator in Windows for directions for your Windows 8 version (Pro or Basic).

Now you're set to re-install your Accounts Business again.  
    When installation finishes, open the sample file and activate.
    Now try Save as PDF again.  

Hope this gets you going again.

regards,
    John

• Mike Maltby
    Mike Maltby Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi Mike.  This might help. I have just spent a fair bit of time trying to resolve a "Printer not activated, error -30" that had developed on my Win7 computer running RA2014 Premier.  After trying all the KB articles I could find, I eventually resolved it by simply running the Reboot.Bat located in the Reckon Accounts xxxx program folder.
  • Kevin V. Russell
    Kevin V. Russell Member Posts: 265
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Mike mate. Kudos. I have never heard this before. I'm pretty sure it's not in kb articles neithe
  • GreenVomit8
    GreenVomit8 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Mike's suggestion was the only thing that works for me with RA 2015 and Win 8.1. Close RA and run reboot.bat. I'm guessing the problem occurred after an upgrade to Office 2016 via Office 365 or after some recent Windows updates.
    The bad thing is that it happens a lot. Hopefully there will be a better fix.

• Craig Howard
    Craig Howard Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This PDF Printer issue is a total disaster and needs to be fixed by Reckon.  Disgraceful that they continue selling faulty software with a fundamental flaw such as this.  This issue is not the only one BTW.

NZ GST Reporting and calculating is another.  Column widths is another. Memo Reporting is another....sheeesh!.
  • John G
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi Craig,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Which edition and year version of Reckon Acounts and what operating system version are you using?

regards,
    John