Perrsonal Plus 2018 has no security options in drop down

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Acknowledged
I recently upgraded to Reckon Personal Plus 2018 and went to update some shares held within an account titled "Investment at Quicken E*TRADE".

This account was established when I had an ETrade account, but this has now been acquired by
ANZ Share Investing.

I can add/modify/delete shares in other accounts, but when I attempt to modify my share holdings in the E*TRADE account, the Security Name field doesn't have any drop down box.  When I try to amend my share holding by manually including the share name, I get a response saying that share already exists.

I am also unable to sync Reckon with ANZ Share Investing.  Instead of going to the ANZ site it is still trying to get to the old ETrade site.
Photo of Peter Barnett

Peter Barnett

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Frustrated

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Margaret Norris

Margaret Norris

• 280 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Peter,

I suggest you search this support site using "ANZ" in the search box at the top.

There have been numerous sync problems (unresolved as yet) with the connectivity between RAP and ANZ (ETrade) servers for over a year!

Margaret

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 59,770 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Peter,
We're aware this is an issue affecting ANZ ETrade services through Reckon Personal at the moment. We've been liasing with ANZ to get this issue resolved for a while now however there has not been much in the way of progress as yet.

If you're willing can I please ask that you send through a copy of your QDF file and Etrade user ID to community@reckon.com. Please include your full name and contact details.
Photo of Peter Barnett

Peter Barnett

OK thanks Margaret.

I did notice that the ANZ issue appears to have been an issue since ANZ took over ETrade, but does that also explain why I am unable to modify any share transactions for shares I already own in the E*TRADE account of my Personal Plus 2018 as well?

Is it an ANZ issue if Reckon is still pointing to ETrade to do the synchronisation?

When I click on the Update Transactions button in the Investment at Quicken E*TRADE account in Reckon Personal Plus it times out on the following website:

https://invest.etrade.com.au/Login.aspx

I would have thought this should be an ANZ site.

The only option I can think of to circumvent this is to add a new account in Reckon and include any changes for my E*TRADE/ANZ account in there.

The downside is if Reckon ever get this issue resolved, which doesn’t appear to be a high priority, I might have to delete this new account and all the transactions I have entered to get round this issue.

Are there any other options available?

I just rang Reckon to see if I could get an update and their response was "It is a known problem and is expected to be sorted soon".  When I pressed for a timeframe I was told there is no timeframe and it was an ANZ issue.

I then called ANZ Share Trading and pointed them to the post titled ANZ Share Trading Transactions download.  I explained that this appears to have been an issue since ANZ took over ETrade, and Reckon is saying this is an ANZ problem.

ANZ asked me to send them screen shots of the whole process which I am doing.

Photo of Peter Barnett

Peter Barnett

Hi Rav,

I am not convinced that sending my personal financial records by email is a secure thing to do.  If you can offer a secure file transfer system I am happy to use that.

As for my ANZ Share Investing (ETrade) account details, that is private information.  If you can convince ANZ to give up these details I am more than happy to share.

Doesn't Reckon have a User Acceptance system or at least a Test system to sort out these issues before going live?  I would have thought that was mandatory for any computer system.
Photo of Peter Barnett

Peter Barnett

It has now been 7 months.  Is anything happening with this?
Photo of Peter Barnett

Peter Barnett

UPDATE:  ANZ Share Trading no longer provides support for Reckon.

I just called ANZ Share Trading to get an update on a call I logged with them in January about fixing the interface between themselves and Reckon and was told "ANZ Share Trading no longer provide support for Reckon."

When I pointed out they still have a tab Download To Reckon Accounts, they were unsure how much longer this would be visible.