Personal Plus 2015 portfolio value problem

Carljh
Carljh Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
edited September 2019 in Personal Plus and Home & Business
After updating my stock prices today, all my figures have gone crazy and my portfolio has dropped by about one quarter in value.  The totals in the Cash Flow/Accounts tab appear to be correct but under the Investing/Today's Data/Investment & Retirement Accounts, the figures have gone from positive to negative.  I have restored a previous backup but this appears corrupted also.  Would appreciate a quick response as this is 20 years of data that is now corrupted.

Comments

• Dan Fardon
    Dan Fardon Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2017

1. Did you key in the latest share prices manually, or have Reckon get them on-line? And if Reckon updates the prices on-line as soon as a file is opened, it might be possible that your backup is being corrupted as soon as you open it.

2. What Quote/Prices are shown in the Portfolio Tab View? Are they positive or negative?

3. In the Investing/Security Detail View, for each Security, if you click Update, what prices appear? Are they all negative, or only the recent ones? If it is only the most recent ones, then replace them by keying in positive share prices manually.

I never use the Today's Data tab. Instead, I use the Portfolio Tab, and have my own customized view, named Dan's Review, which has the columns I use, thus Quote/Price, Day Gain/Loss, Gain/Loss, ROI% 3 Year, ROI% YTD, Market Value% and Market Value. I key in the share prices manually from the newspaper monthly. This enables me to explore investment performances by sorting the investments by the various columns.

I hope this helps.

Dan Fardon