Personal Plus 2015 - "Welcome" screen everytime

Neil Donaldson_7013818
Neil Donaldson_7013818 Member Posts: 19
Every time I start up Personal Plus 2015 I receive a "Welcome to Reckon Accounts" and am asked the question "I am new to Reckon Accounts" OR " I am already a Reckon Accounts user".  Every time I select I am a current user and then I have to identify where my last saved backup file is "Open a file on this computer" (or several other options).

What is wrong with the start up process that requires this manual start up EVERY TIME.

Comments

• Waynep
    Waynep Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2014
    I have just installed it and have the same problem. What gives ????

In the 2013 version, and all previous versions it would just open the last file you had open automatically which was very good. Now it is a pain. Beginning to think this 2015 version was rushed out without proper testing.

UPDATE : after I did my first backup it now seems to be working OK, it opens the last file when I launch.
  • Neil Donaldson_7013818
    edited December 2015
    You were fortunate - I am still having the same issue and nobody on the community seems to be experiencing the same issue and I am not inclined to pay an exorbitant charge per minute to perhaps get an answer when this has been an issue since day one.   I would suggest this is a software issue and Reckon should provide free consultations for resolving these types of issues rather than relying on the goodwill of others.
    STILL NOT HAPPY
  • Rick Bayley
    Rick Bayley Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2015
    I'm having the same issue with 2015 version operating in Windows 8 environment.  I was having same issue with 2014 version when i Installed on new smart PC.  I have reinstalled on two occasions without eliminating this and other problems with 2015 version.  In particular:

1.  When opening up Investing/Investing Accounts it takes several minutes for the relevant account to open up

2.   When entering a transaction using the templates it again takes minutes for the entry to publish into the Transaction listing

3.  When using the application, there have been a number of instances where Reckon Accounts Launcher has operated unnecessarily in background creating high CPU usage.

4.   When updating prices either manually or using One Step Update, a secondary window appears stating Loading Data with a progress indicator – there is no instantaneous recalculation.

I wrote to the Customer Service help desk and got the standard reply - if you want service you have to pay for it at $4.90 per minute.  Given that these issues seem to relate to the latest version and were not issues with the previous version on the same PC, I think this is a Reckon problem and not mine and they should take responsibility for fixing at no cost to myself.

• Neil Donaldson_7013818
    edited December 2015
    I would not disagree with your response or your sentiment.  Clearly there is something wrong with the software that needs attention. I am also operating under a Windows 8 OS (64 bit) and did not experience this issue before when using the 2013 version of the software and under a Windows 7 OS.
  • Babi
    Babi Alumni Posts: 75
    edited June 2016
    Hi Neil,

Thank you for posting on community.

In regards to your issue with opening file, I would suggest you to follow the link below  from our Knowledge browser that explains you about the cause as well as guides you how to overcome from it.

http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=2768

Please feel free to let me know if the problem persist.

Kind Regards,

Babi

• Neil Donaldson_7013818
    edited December 2015
    Babi

I have modified the file name length as suggested in the posting and the problem seems to have been resolved.  However, I have only been using the default Reckon backup process - it appears that Reckon has added characters to the file name (eg. file save date) and this has caused my ongoing issue.  

Can Reckon software be modified to check file name length before it completes the file save process and give a warning if the 8 character limit is exceeded - this would resolve much angst with the software.  The 8 character limit appears to be a regressive step given the removal of this name size limit from software MANY years ago.

Thanks

Neil