Personal Plus 2016 won't export reports in Excel format?

Shona Cram
Shona Cram Member Posts: 3
I'm a relatively new user to Personal Plus 2016 - running Windows 10.  When I try to export reports to an 'excel compatible format' the only option is a .TXT format - when I had the demo version I was able to run reports directly to Excel (in Excel format).  Help please?

Comments

• Judy Birkenhead
    Judy Birkenhead Member Posts: 16
    edited December 2018

Hi - I just exported a report and saved it to my desktop.  As soon as it was saved, excel launched automatically and showed the exported report.  I am running PP 2016 on Win 10.

Alternatively - you can save the report to your desktop (for example)  open Excel and drag the *.txt file to your open blank spreadsheet.   It might help in the mean time until you solve the problem.

regards

Judy

• Dan Fardon
    Dan Fardon Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2017

Hi Shona,

I never 'export' Reckon Reports.

The method I have used successfully for many years is to:

1. Open Excel so as to show a Worksheet.

2. Place the cursor in the cell in the Worksheet where you want the top left-hand corner of your Reckon Report to be, and click it.

3. In Reckon, display  the Reckon Report you wish to copy/export to Excel.

4. Move the cursor across to the Reckon Report, and right click. A drop-down menu will appear.

5. Move the down the drop-down menu. This will highlight each option in turn.

6. With "Copy Report to clipboard" highlighted, left click. This will copy the Report to the clipboard.

7. Move the cursor the cell in Excel, and press CTRL V This will paste the Reckon Report in Excel.

8. You will then be able to reformat the Report to your liking, or as I often do, copy and paste some more Reckon Reports into the Excel Workbook, and reformat  and combine them to compile a composite Finance Report and perhaps Excel Charts which display what I want. Sometimes I then copy the composite Excel Report and charts into a Word Report and reformat them further there.

This may seem a long-winded method, but I find that the formatting of a Report is important.

I hope that helps. ( I am not a Reckon employee.)

Best wishes,

Dan Fardon

• Shona Cram
    edited January 2016
    Thanks both - Dave, there is only one option available under 'export to' - being .txt format.  I'm sure the demo had more options - including csv which I think I used previously.
    Judy - thanks - I did manage to run a report and it opened in Excel automatically once saved as well - but then I had to 'save as' to get it into excel format - seems like double handling to me and I then have all these text files saved that I don't need. 
    Here's hoping the options miraculously return!
  • Shona Cram
    edited January 2016
    Dan - thanks to you as well - sorry I hadn't seen your post before I replied.  That method doesn't seem long-winded at all and also means I don't have files saved that I don't need.  Cheers!
  • David Clayton
    David Clayton Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2016
    I have used Quicken since the 1990s and at no time can I recall there being an option to export a report directly in Excel format.  Probably because that format has changed over the years.  As others have described clicking on "Report to excel compatible format" creates a tab delimited text file that opens automatically in Excel.  You can then format that to your requirements and use the "save as" option to save it to whatever version of Excel you have.