Personal Plus 2017 - how do I set up connection to ANZ share investing?

peter.lang
peter.lang Member Posts: 87
I have just started an ANZ Share Investing account.  Reckon PP 2017 says I can use Web Connect and it will set up a account in Reckon PP. However, I haven't been able to.  Can someone please provide me the detailed steps and screen shot of what I need to do.

I've followed the steps on Reckon PP and it sent a link but eventually said "timed out".  Clicked on the link in ANZ to "Download to Reckon Accounts", but all I got was a pdf of the trade.

I've called ANZ but they have not been much help.

Comments

• Shisir
    Shisir Alumni Posts: 230
    edited August 2018

Hi Peter,

You will need to download the transactions in the 'QFX' File format.

After downloading the file you will need to edit the same QFX file as advised in this instruction http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5660

Once you have edited the QFX file you will be able to import it into Reckon Accounts Personal Plus.

Please follow this other community post we have on this topic too for more information

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-accounts-was-not-able-to-complete-you-request-ol-221-a-how-do-i-fix-this

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/anz-share-trading-transactions-download

Regards

Shisir
  • peter.lang
    edited August 2018
    Hi Shirsir,

Thank you for your fast response.  I have read the three links you provided but they do not address my first problem which is to set up the ANZ invest account in Reckon PP 2017.  Secondly, I am not capable of doing the IT fixes and coding you suggest.

First, I want to know how to automatically set up the account as Reckon PP message says can be done. The Reckon PP 2017 message says:

How do I do this?
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2018
    Peter. 

Not sure of this,  but check the exact wording at the base of the screenshot you've supplied.  To me, it implies that an account at ANZ needs to be setup at THEIR (web)site  [first ??],  along with an initial DOWNLOAD, before clicking <NEXT> on the page you've shown, (which I'm assuming will automate it going forward, for successive downloads).   Is this possible a chicken/egg situation that needs to be in place up front?    Sorry,  but that's how it reads to me.   But seek other constructive advise from anyone who has done this for sure,.

Cheers

Gary
  • peter.lang
    edited June 2018
    Gary,

Thank you.  You have given me excellent help previously (by phone) - I learnt a great deal from that much appreciated.

I have an ANZ Share Investing account. I did a download, but it was just a pdf of a trade.  It did not set up an account, in Reckon PP 2017. Shirsir explained (first reply above) that there is an issue in the Reckon software because ANZ changed the name of its trading thing from ANZ E Trade to ANZ Share Investing; Shirsir also explained how to code a fix.  But that is beyond my capabilities and I would not want to take the risk of making any such changes in my PP even if I could.  Anyway, I see nothing on the ANZ site that looks like it can set up an account in Reckon PP.  I've spoken to ANZ last week and they said they'd get back to me, but haven't.
  • Shisir
    edited June 2018

Hi Peter,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Firstly, you should be able to download the transactions from your ANZ account in the QFX file format. Not in PDF format. I found this link from their website. https://shareinvesting.anz.com/Help/Context.aspx?key=Managing+Your+Portfolio#Download+your+portfolio+to+Quicken

Secondly, when you import the transactions (QFX File); after making the correction as advised on the KB, the import wizard will automatically prompt you to import into your existing account or it will create the new one for you. As shown below.

Regards
    Shisir
  • peter.lang
    edited June 2018
    Shisir,

Thank you.  I followed your instructions and link. I clicked on "Download to Reckon Accounts" on the ANZ page.  It opened Reckon PP and gave the screenshot above, but with a message saying it couldn't complete.  It set up the account, but with no transactions. There was no option to see the file to edit it. Perhaps ANZ needs to make the change (for all customers). Could Reckon contact ANZ Share Investment IT team and explain what changes are needed? 
  • peter.lang
    edited June 2018

Error OL-221-A when importing share trading transactions

Has Reckon contacted ANZ Share Trading regarding getting Error OL-221 fixed?  If not, could Reckon please do so. If ANZ is working on it, when will it be fixed?

It is beyond my capability to edit the file and import it as suggested.
  • Shisir
    edited June 2018

Hi Peter,

Apologies for the delay.

The issue is already with our product managers and they are investigating it from a broader perspective however the only fix at this stage is outlined in the KB article you've linked to. In terms of ETA there is none at this stage and I'd strongly recommend the solution as listed in the KB. Can appreciate you might not be confident in doing the necessary steps, perhaps you have someone who can perform this for you?

Regarding the download of transactions from ANZ, do you see any option on the download page of ANZ, that allows you to download the file in QFX file format? If you do please select that option to download it. Unfortunately, until the fix is applied you will have to edit the QFX file as instructions provided to be able to import it into Reckon Accounts Personal. Alternatively, you can record them manually.

Regards

Shisir
  • peter.lang
    edited June 2018
    Shisir,

Thank you for your reply.

There is no option on the ANZ Share Investments page to select a file type. It is automatically a Reckon file type which is exported directly to Reckon PP.  However the download does not complete. I get the message included in my previous reply.

As I said, I do not have the capability nor am I prepared to take the risk of trying to edit the file.

Therefore, I am having to enter the transactions manually.

I understand the change from ANZ ETrade to ANZ Share Invest was made some considerable time ago. So I am wondering why it is taking so long to make what should be an easy fix - either by Reckon or ANZ.
  • Peter Barnett
    Peter Barnett Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2018
    If you check my comment in https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/perrsonal-plus-2018-has-no-security-options-in-drop-down, ANZ Share Trading no longer provide support for Reckon.

With that in mind, how does Reckon propose we progress with this?

I tried setting up a new account for ANZ Share Trading and when I attempted to transfer share from the E8trade account to the new ANZ Share Trade account I got the following message:
    Please choose an account that has the same currency as the security.

Now what?

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited August 2018
    Hello Peter and All,

In 2017 the ANZ announced a partnership with the CMC Group that effectively transfers ANZ Share Investing customers and accounts to CMC, with a target date for the transfer being September 2018.

Until that transfer is complete you should be able to export share transactions to a QFX file as usual.  See ANZ directions here.

The issue has been the name changes involved with ANZ Share Investing acquiring E*Trade and the forthcoming partnership with CMC has seen all work stop on the existing Reckon connection. To import your ANZ Share Investing transactions you must follow the procedures outlined in this article.

Once the transfer to CMC is complete (end of Sept 2018) you should still be able to export the Reckon file with the current issues.  Soon after, CMC will revamp the Reckon Accounts export file to allow transactions to import into datafiles without any intervention by the user.

From the user perspective there should be little change - we are told ANZ Share Investing will continue look and function as it did under ANZ and the revamped export file will mean the import into Reckon Accounts datafiles will function as it did before the changes from E*Trade to ANZ Share Investing were made.  

We thank every one for their patience.

regards,
    John
  • Peter Barnett
    edited September 2018
    It is now September 2018, and the ANZ Share Trading site has been updated.

When you select Tools, there is a Reckon option and when selected it shows:
    Portfolios: Download to Reckon Accounts

Download to Reckon Accounts is coming soon.

Does anybody have a timeframe as to when this issue will be resolved...days, weeks, months or years?

So far it has been well over 12 months that Reckon customers have been without the ability to synchronise their share files with E*Trade / Anz Share Trading.

• Peter Barnett
    edited October 2019
    It's now October 2019 and the ANZ Share Trading site has been updated so you no longer have the option to Download to Reckon Accounts.  The wording that used to reference Reckon has been removed.

I called ANZ Share Investing and they said "ANZ no longer provides a link to Reckon".

I also searched the ANZ website and ANZ Share Trading site for references to Reckon working with ANZ Share Trading - nothing.

With that in mind, is there anything Reckon proposes for customers who were using this service before E*trade was acquired by ANZ?
  • Peter Barnett
    edited December 2019
    I figured Reckon is not going to fix this so I deleted the ETrade account and recreated everything in there.
  • Peter Barnett
    edited January 2020
    I just received the following Reckon response:

ANZ no longer supports this service for users of the Reckon Personal Range and is no longer available. We were in discussion with the ANZ quite some time ago on this matter however from what I understand a feasible solution has not resulted.