Personal Plus 2017 is still unstable.

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Personal Plus 2017 is still unstable. I was operating a 2015 version when I upgraded to Windows 10, and the instability was very frustrating. I checked the questions page and I thought that the problem would be solved by upgrading to 2017, which I have now done. But the instability is just as bad. Help!
Photo of Michael Rumpff

Michael Rumpff

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 49,602 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Michael,

Could you give us a bit more detail on what aspects of the program you're finding unstable? 
What happens specifically?
Are there any error messages you are encountering?
Does it occur when performing a certain task or action?
Photo of Michael Rumpff

Michael Rumpff

Hello Rav. There was a similar situation mentioned on these pages about two years ago. When I am entering data, it seems to be hit or miss. The screen flickers/shakes, and the data entered may just disappear, or will bounce to the date entry. (If I am not careful, the item may be entered on some obscure date) Data entry needs to be very quick as the screen flickers regularly, with subsequent loss or error if I'm not fast enough. I think the flickering may be part of the auto-save process?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me Michael,

When you've got a chance can you please give this a try -

1.Close Reckon Accounts Personal
2.Right click the desktop background
3.Select Personalize to open the Preview page
4.In the Background field, select Solid colour;
5.Close the screen.
6.Launch Reckon Accounts Personal.

Use Personal Plus as you normally would after that including the activity you'd normally conduct when you encounter the flicker issues. Does the issue persist?
Photo of Michael Rumpff

Michael Rumpff

Hello Rav. Amazing! I believe you have solved my problem, the brief test I have run seems to indicate the "flicker" has disappeared. So, blank desktop from now on. Regards, Michael
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Awesome to hear!