Personal Plus 2018 reinstall fails

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
Having been plagued with so many ongoing crashes every time my PP 2018 tried to update info despite umt-teen renaming of filenames etc as advised that 'will fix that'.  I got tired of it all and decided to start afresh and uninstall my Personal Plus 2018 and put on a clean copy and basically start again.

But thats where a new stem of problems start.

I have ensured that every trace of the pre-existing copy of PP 2018 has been eradicated from my PC and downloaded a new Reckon Accounts 2018 from the Reckon website.

I installed it into its new folder and it opened ok every time asking for my IKC.  After entering my IKC, it crashes each and every time.  And by that I mean (so far) 13 times.

I have: rebooted 4 times, tried opening the ISSetup.exe (as administrator) to modify, repair and remove; following the normal install process.  Uninstalled, reinstalled, wash, rinse, repeat. All without success.

The failure point in each and every attempt is the point where I enter my IKC.

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

I have an entire string of emails from Reckon Customer Support who have no more answers.

Thanks

Peter
Photo of Peter Boyes

Peter Boyes

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of gmhutch

gmhutch

• 308 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Peter,
I know Reckon Personal is THE most infuriating program, and yet is basically a good program, with proper testing BEFORE each release. I was recently at the stage of throwing the whole lot out the window, before I got a fix.

Suggest you uninstall Reckon using REVO Uninstaller. (can be downloaded)
Uninstall any Anti-Virus Programs.
Disconnect from the internet. (to stop any nasties while you have no anti-virus.
Re-install Reckon
Restart computer
Reinstall anti virus
Reconnect to internet.

This worked for me, BUT seems every case is different.
Good Luck, GH
(banging your head against the desk only gives you a headache!!!)
Photo of Peter Boyes

Peter Boyes

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
OMG, you are officially my new hero.

I followed your simple instructions and it worked FIRST time.

I assume it is the anti-virus that was creating the nasty gremlins.

Thank you so much for your assistance.  Very much appreciated. Reckon did recommend the Revo program and I used it.
Photo of gmhutch

gmhutch

• 308 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Revo is the answer I think the  normal uninstall is not getting rid of every component of Reckon. Don't as me why!!!!
GH