Personal Plus 2019 upgrade problem when reconciling credit cards

Robert Wing
Robert Wing Member Posts: 2
I just upgraded from Personal Plus 2018 to 2019 and I just tried to reconcile my credit card statements and even before I start to clear the items there is an amount in the 'Cleared Balance' so you can never reconcile the difference down to zero.

How do I fix this problem?

Comments

• John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Robert,

Without seeing the 'Cleared Balance' I can only estimate that QPP is saying you have not correctly reconciled the account.

Shouldn't this balance be the difference between the target balance and the previous balance before applying unreconciled transactions ?

I am not sure at what stage of the reconciliation you are getting this but all I can suggest is you check the cleared transactions to check they are the same as in your account statement. You may have entered an incorrect transaction amount which is not easy to see, say 89 instead of 98.
    I have had this problem before and it was my silly mistake. You could clear/cancel the reconciliation page and start again when the light improves !!
  • Robert Wing
    Robert Wing Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for the hints John. I found the problem transaction and all good now.