Personal Plus 2020 does not automatically open in default account

leighwilson
leighwilson Member Posts: 5

After installing Personal Plus 2020 on a brand-new Windows 10 installation, I find that it does not automatically open in the last account as did previous versions of the software.

Instead, I have to respond to questions asked, confirming that “I am an existing user” and then instruct it to “open a file located on this computer”.

While this all works okay, it is extremely tiresome as I regularly open and close the software.

I have carefully worked through the suggestions in this previous post but find they do not help.

https://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=2768

The telephone support refused to help, referring me to this site instead.

I think that this is really poor as the software should work properly “out-of-the-box” without me having to post questions on community forums.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Comments

• leighwilson
    edited January 2020
    Thanks for the prompt reply Dave. Yeah, I considered that & went through the steps outlined here, but that did not solve the problem, unfortunately.

https://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=2768
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited January 2020
    Look at what other company files you have and maybe delete them if they are obsolete or you could move them.
    Open your file as normal, close it and open it and see what happens.
    Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• leighwilson
    edited January 2020
    Thanks for the suggestions, Gerry.  It's a new installation and so the only file there is the one I'm using. I've tried opening & closing, renaming, backing up and restoring, re-booting the computer over and over, all to no avail. :-(
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited January 2020
    Where have you installed everything to, what is your file path? of the program and data file location.
    Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• leighwilson
    edited January 2020
    I have a SSD drive and so  have installed all the programs to E:\Program Files (x86)\Reckon Accounts Personal to preserve space on it, as I have done with my other computers. This is a 1 TB partition on an ordinary HDD with 971 GB free as it is a new computer with 64GB of RAM & a fresh Win10 installation.

Data is saved at F:\Documents\0 Financial\Quicken\Version 2020, similar to the way I have set it up in the past.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. :-)
  • GerryWinter
    edited January 2020
    That is your problem, make a backup and then unistall it and reinstall it directly into C drive and keep everything there including your data file, i create a seperate folder for my data.
    Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• leighwilson
    edited January 2020
    Thank you very much Gerry. After all sorts of mucking around re-activating my license several times, rebooting the computer several times due to Reckon Launcher spinning in a loop etc. that finally solved my problems, which is really great. But also a bit annoying as I want to keep space free on C:\ and, as far as I can recall, I did NOT have to do this with previous versions.

Anyway, thanks again, you've been a great help! :-)
  • GerryWinter
    edited January 2020
    You are right Dave long file names do cause issues mainly with backing up, all Reckons documents always recommend C drive, i also tried to run it externally and came across this problem, i am sure it does work sometimes, just better safe than sorry. It doesnt takeup much space and you can always store your backups on an external drive if you wish.
    Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"