Personal Plus doesn't recognise I am an existing user.

Peter McKeand
Peter McKeand Member Posts: 3
I have just upgraded my 2013 Personal Plus to the 2017 version running on my Mac using Parallels. I whenever I open it I am always taken to the Get Started screen with options Iam new to Reck Accs or I am already a Reck Accs user..

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited May 2017
    Hi Peter,

Have there been any changes made to your file name? If so, could you please try shortening it to under 8 characters and check if the problem persists after this?

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Deepak Gyawali
    Deepak Gyawali Reckon Staff Posts: 61 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2018
    Hi Peter,

Re registering the product may fix your issue. To do this, please go the location below and delete the quicken.lic file and register the program again with the Installation key code for the software.

C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Config

hope this helps.

• Peter McKeand
    Peter McKeand Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2017
    Thanks so much your efforts. I have 4 files and all now 5-7 characters. But still goes to "Get Started"
    each time I open it.
    Have deleted and reregistered too.
    P
  • Justin Carter
    Justin Carter Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2018
    I am using Reckon Accounts Personal 2015.  It has always recognised and opened long file names.  It still does and will reopen any from last year if I shut down from one of those.  It will not open a nearly identical name from this year's folder and also wont open last years one if I copy it into this year's folder.  It persists with asking if I am a new user.

If I click directly on the file in windows explorer, it will happily open it.  This would also indicate is is not a function of file name length.  

Any other suggestions?