Personal Plus Portfo;io View

Cliffov2
Cliffov2 Member Posts: 8
Personal Plus Portfolio view does not return any data when ROI (%) and/or Yield on Investment (%) columns are displayed. No matter what year range they just stay blank.

Comments

• Andrew Christie
    Andrew Christie Member Posts: 149
    edited October 2019

Hi Cliff

I do receive figures for ROI(%) but not the other. Hopefully a more learned user can explain further. I see that another user has the same issue.

Let's hope you have a response
    regards
    Andrew
  • Cliffov2
    edited November 2019
    Thanks Andrew. Which other user? These functions have never worked in 18 years of PP. Cliff
  • Andrew Christie
    edited November 2019
    Hi Cliff
    Sorry I was checking the 'me too' above but I see the '1' refers to you :-(

I still hope you receive a definitive answer to your query
  • Cliffov2
    edited November 2019
    Thanks all. I live in the hope that this program sold for Australian use will be cleaned up to work properly with Australian investing practices. It wastes a huge amount of time trying to make features work when they are not meant to work properly in Australia. Can't US features be optional add-ons and a slimmed down program be the default?
  • Ross Noden
    Ross Noden Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2020
    Hi Andrew,

I too like Cliffov2 have wasted huge amounts of time on trying to get the "Annual Dividend" field to work.  What has the US got to do with it, info is held in transactions and therefore should be visible in the relevant fields.  It's not rocket science, i am using Personal Plus 2020, have paid good money for it and it should be working by now.  

Sorry to come on strong but Dividends are integral to stock performance.
    Could you please advise what action will occur. 
    Regards, Ross
  • Andrew Christie
    edited April 2020
    Hi Ross,

You can come across as strong as you like, no skin off my nose as I have nothing to do with the company that retails this software.

I am a long time user who tries to assist other users with any knowledge or information I have gleaned over the years.

As to your question " what action will occur" - NOTHING. I have the same influence as you. Perhaps you can write to them and ask that they change the program.

As far as 'what has the US to do with it' probably a lot as the coding behind the interface has been  designed with the US market in mind and I don't believe they will change it to suit us. IMHO.

Have a great day (what's left of it)

Andrew
  • Ross Noden
    Ross Noden Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2020
    Hi Andrew, 
    I am very sorry to unload on you, I thought you were from Reckon.  I apologize.  How do you suggest I could contact Reckon as they seem to extremely isolated.
    Once again, sorry.
    Regards, Ross
  • Andrew Christie
    edited April 2020
    Hi Ross,

No problems.. honestly.  :-)

From all the posts that come in from other users/subscribers who have managed to contact 'support', they have advised that Reckon does NOT provide support for this product. :-(

This forum is a user/subscriber discussion base. The only company rep that seems to respond from time to time is 'Rav'. Community Manager · North Sydney. He does a good job but some things are out of his control. I'm not sure how you contact him directly.

You could try phoning on 1800 RECKON (Toll-free 1800 732 566) or.. e-mail customerservice@reckon.com.au - Good Luck.

My last call to Reckon (Quicken) support was many years ago, they refused to speak to me until I provided a credit card # so I haven't bothered since. (On the other hand Reckon sales support re licence registration have been great - have to give credit where credit is due.)

Thankfully the program has performed well for me over the years.

I feel your pain, I would like the portfolio view to provide information for ALL the columns which are available but knowing that this will not happen I use other avenues that have been mentioned previously in this thread

Finally, I have jumped ship and now use another program but as I have 6mths subscription to go I keep involved in the forum questions.

kind regards

Andrew