PLANNED MAINTENANCE - Reckon Accounts Hosted (8 March 2019 - 9 March 2019)

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
RECKON ACCOUNTS HOSTED MAINTENANCE

Friday 8 March - Saturday 9 March 2019

Reckon Accounts Hosted has enjoyed continual growth in users since its inception. As a result, we will be performing some maintenance and upgrading a number of key components of our platform that will improve performance and continue to support you to work more efficiently.

We want to give you a heads up that Reckon Accounts Hosted will be offline for approximately 21 hours while undergoing maintenance. 
You will be unable to login or access your data files from 9:00PM/11:00PM (AEDT/NZDT) Friday 8 March until 6:00PM/8:00PM (AEDT/NZDT) Saturday 9 March.

We recommend that you log out of Accounts Hosted before this time. Any users logged in at the start of this maintenance session will be logged out automatically.

Once this migration has been completed, we're confident Reckon Accounts Hosted users will benefit from a more consistent experience in terms of performance across the platform.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2019
    If access to your Reckon Accounts Hosted file during the maintenance time period is critically important, our teams can organise offline access if required.

If you already have Reckon Accounts Enterprise installed on your PC, you can download your Reckon Accounts Hosted company file(s) to use offline in Enterprise during the maintenance period and then upload the company file back into Hosted at the conclusion of the maintenance session.

If you do not currently have a copy of Reckon Accounts Enterprise, please send an email with your Reckon Accounts Hosted user name to admin@reckon.com no later than 7 March 2019 and our teams will organise a copy for you.

For more detailed info on how to use your Hosted file offline with Reckon Accounts Enterprise please click HERE

You will need to download your Hosted company file BEFORE the maintenance period commences in order to access and use it offline in Reckon Accounts Enterprise. Once we've kicked off the maintenance work, Hosted data files will not accessible until completion.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• CraigS
    CraigS Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2019
    I don't know why this cannot be done on a Sunday, rather than inconveniencing those of us that work on Saturday's. There is less likely to be a significant number of users on a Sunday.
  • Mike_9711863
    Mike_9711863 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2019
    Does this maintenance support small business with govconnect finally as we are getting tired from going through mygov.
  • Rav
    edited February 2019
    Creating new thread: Post unrelated to maintenance announcement Please reference the new conversation here: Can't login to Hosted

• Rav
    edited February 2019
    CraigS
    I can definitely understand where you're coming from Craig, and I apologise this will create an interruption to your work.
    The maintenance work that will be carried out is significant and will take a fair bit of time from our teams to carry out. In the rare circumstance that something goes wrong or takes much longer than planned during the infrastructure upgrade our contingency is to roll back on Sunday rather than Monday morning when usage is at its peak. We're confident this won't be necessary however its a precaution we have in reserve.

Mike
    This maintenance is solely focusing on migrating Reckon Accounts Hosted's file servers to new hardware in an effort to minimise bottlenecks in performance and bring a more consistent experience across the board for users.

• Mike_9711863
    Mike_9711863 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2019
    Thanks, I get strange Ericom screens with the startup script showing when I login and hope that this is resolved.
  • KarenT_4188464
    KarenT_4188464 Member Posts: 17
    edited February 2019
    i am hoping that this maintenance is to speed up the crazy printing process that is so slow
  • Kylie Austin
    Kylie Austin Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2019
    Hi Rav, I have just tested my internet speed and reckon is telling me its 'above average' 
    I have been getting lengthy delays in the last fortnight, the file seems to be saving after each transaction or even if I update a customer phone number and can take up to 90 seconds to refresh. Will this maintenance fix this issue or is this a separate issue.
  • Rav
    edited February 2019
    Hard to say as it could be related to your file itself, how large is your file size and do you regularly perform maintenance on the file?

I'd recommend performing the steps listed in this article to make sure your file is in good shape and you're getting the most efficient use from it -
    How to improve the performance of your QBI company file

• Rav
    edited March 2019

Hi folks, 
    Just a reminder that Reckon Accounts Hosted will be undergoing the maintenance period outlined above THIS Friday. 

If you wish to have offline access to your file via Reckon Accounts Enterprise during the maintenance period and you haven't been in touch with us yet, please follow the instructions posted HERE.
    You will need to download your Hosted company file BEFORE the maintenance period commences in order to access and use it offline in Reckon Accounts Enterprise.

• John Quinn
    John Quinn Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2019
    Hi Rav
    I have just noticed that our emails are not being sent by your server at the moment. If I recall correctly this happened last time maintenance was carried out.
  • John Quinn
    John Quinn Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2019
    Hi Rav
    Problem solved.
    It appears that our own domain was blocking emails generated from Reckon.com.
    Thanks to your Technical Support Team for their assistance.
  • Rav
    edited March 2019

Hi everyone,
    Just another reminder in regard to Reckon Accounts Hosted maintenance starting tomorrow night.

If you need access to your file during the scheduled maintenance period outlined in the opening post and haven't been in touch with us yet, we'd strongly recommend doing so today. Please follow the instructions posted HERE.

Please note: You will need to download your company file from Reckon Accounts Hosted to use offline in Reckon Accounts Enterprise BEFORE the maintenance period commences. You will not be able to do so once Hosted is offline for maintenance work.
    Full info available here - Downloading your Reckon Hosted data for offline use

• Rav
    edited March 2019

Hi all,
    Final reminder in regard to the Hosted maintenance period starting TONIGHT.

As above, if you need access to your file during the scheduled maintenance period outlined in the opening post and haven't been in touch with us yet, please do so today by following the instructions posted HERE.

Please note: You will need to download your company file from Reckon Accounts Hosted to use offline in Reckon Accounts Enterprise BEFORE the maintenance period commences. You will not be able to do so once Hosted is offline for maintenance work.
    Full info available here - Downloading your Reckon Hosted data for offline use

• Neil_6428218
    Neil_6428218 Reckon Staff Posts: 88 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2019
    Hi Michelle,

Sorry about the inconvenience tonight.

Tonight's maintenance will be ongoing until tomorrow afternoon (we sent emails and added in-product notification & community posts about it).

Once we get through this weekends work, there is no other planned maintenance in the near future.

Regards
    Neil
  • Danny Loypur
    Danny Loypur Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2019
    Hi Rav
    Thats great that Reckon Hosted is making improvements. Why don't you tell us what are the changes Reckon is making.
    Regards
    Danny
  • Neil_6428218
    Neil_6428218 Reckon Staff Posts: 88 Reckon Staff
    edited August 2019
    Hi,

Maintenance has now been successfully completed and logins have been re-enabled.

Thanks for your patience and again we apologise for any inconvenience this maintenance period may have caused.
This discussion has been closed.