POS 2015 annual licence

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
Should POS2015 should be an annual licence??
Should older versions be compatible with Enterprise??
Is POS Professional fairly priced??
Photo of Paul McFarlane

Paul McFarlane

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Paul, if you would like to discuss matters regarding to your POS license please email us at Community@reckon.com with your customer ID and I'll arrange for someone to get in touch.
Photo of Alex Tan

Alex Tan, Alum

• 2,146 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Paul,

I have been asked to contact you in regards to the questions above but unfortunately receptionist let me know you are not available.

I will try calling you in the morning at 9:30AM as instructed and hopefully be able to sort this out with you.

Kind regards,
Alex
Photo of George Bruce

George Bruce

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Hi Paul, I just had a problem with POS licence key -  I think I'll move my business to XERO Accounting.  Cheers George

Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 22,222 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I answered your other question Geroge, so go try that!
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

I do agree with Paul, its a bit rich to move Reckon POS to annual licencing, and its a bit rich to interlock Reckon Accounts and Reckon POS versions together.

It makes upgrades painful, as I now need to upgrade Reckon Accounts, Reckon POS terminals and Reckon POS administrator in one hit. Which is a pain if something goes wrong.
Photo of George Bruce

George Bruce

That's what I did this afternoon . Don't do it on a weekend. Reckon accounts is ok - you get the activation code online. BUT for Pos you have to actually phone them for the license key after 9 on Monday.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Did you look at your answers in the other thread you started!? You can get Reckon POS activation codes online

Photo of George Bruce

George Bruce

Have now. Will go to the shop tomorrow and try it. But I have to say the product Xero offers is looking very attractive.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

So you have said, a few times today. Xero requires a POS addon to do what Reckon POS does for you, so bumps the pricing up yet again.

But Xero offers a import service from Reckon Accounts, so you'll be ok there if you choose to move.

As per your other post, If you installed/updated today, then you have 10 days to licence your POS product. Its not 'dead in the water' and not the end of the world. Click no and it will run happily without nag screens etc until the next restart, or 10 days is up.
Photo of George Bruce

George Bruce

Thanks Andrew I really appreciate the help. I am 67 and have found that as I get older I become frustrated more easily and more often.